Hi Joe, Thanks for looking into this and figuring out a patch. I’ve just taken a peek at your patches, and I have two minor comments: ⁃ Why use saved-position instead of save-excursion ⁃ I’m think ascii versions of ② et. al would be preferable Also, I notice that your patches are just diffs and don’t have a commit message. Are you planning on writing them later? Joe Corneli via “General discussions about Org-mode.” writes: > Actually, there some bigger problems with the function as well… > > — It didn’t update the priority cookie properly when one had been set before > > * [#1] Exercise: update to [#2] > > — After fixing that, I noticed that the included save-excursion doesn’t work > () > > So, here’s a more comprehensive patch, including the previous changes > (in order to support numeric priorities) and then adjusting the > update/insert logic so that it makes more sense. All the best, Timothy