Hi Ihor, > Should we use the next planned release version number on main branch as > a convention? For what it’s worth, in my own build of Org I set `org-release' to `MAJOR.(MINOR+1).0', e.g. when the last tag is `9.5.5' I set `org-release' to `9.6.0'. The `.0' suffix serves to differentiate this from the later `9.6' release, looking at historical first-minor-version releases (`9.5', `9.4', `9.3', etc.) the patch version seems to be omitted in each initial minor release. I think it could make sense to apply this approach to the main branch. All the best, Timothy