Matt writes: > For :results list, the manual says, "Interpret the results as an Org list. If the result is a single value, create a list of one element". I don't find that clarifies what would be best. > > Thoughts? In my patch, I followed the previous code branch: (list (if (stringp e) e (format "%S" e))) As you see, "%S" have been used previously for non-string results. I cannot find explanation in git log. That said, I think that it will be more consistent to leave strings specifically as is. See the attached patch.