* org-ref (including cite or not) and references with numbers exporting to HTML
@ 2023-01-19  9:13 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2023-01-19  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I am using org-ref and helm and have two quetions

    1. When I use org-ref-helm-insert-cite-link, either I obtain
       cite:tao06:_global
       or
       cite:Choquet-Bruhat_09
       but I cannot spot any difference  in my bibfile, save that the
       tao06 reference has a : in its key and indeed adding a : to the
       second  reference also insert a cite:
       any reason for this behavior?

    2. Independent of this, when exporting to HTML
       In the text, the references are tao06:_global with a link
       how can I have numbers with links instead

thanks

--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.

* Re: org-ref (including cite or not) and references with numbers exporting to HTML
@ 2023-01-20  9:15 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-01-20  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer, John Kitchin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>     1. When I use org-ref-helm-insert-cite-link, either I obtain
>        cite:tao06:_global
>        or
>        cite:Choquet-Bruhat_09
>        but I cannot spot any difference  in my bibfile, save that the
>        tao06 reference has a : in its key and indeed adding a : to the
>        second  reference also insert a cite:
>        any reason for this behavior?

CCing John.

>     2. Independent of this, when exporting to HTML
>        In the text, the references are tao06:_global with a link
>        how can I have numbers with links instead

You just need an appropriate bibliography style. See
https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref/blob/master/org-ref.org#bibliography-links

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: org-ref (including cite or not) and references with numbers exporting to HTML
@ 2023-01-20 13:10   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2023-01-20 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Uwe Brauer, John Kitchin, emacs-orgmode

>>> "IR" == Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>> 1. When I use org-ref-helm-insert-cite-link, either I obtain
>> cite:tao06:_global
>> or
>> cite:Choquet-Bruhat_09
>> but I cannot spot any difference  in my bibfile, save that the
>> tao06 reference has a : in its key and indeed adding a : to the
>> second  reference also insert a cite:
>> any reason for this behavior?

> CCing John.

>> 2. Independent of this, when exporting to HTML
>> In the text, the references are tao06:_global with a link
>> how can I have numbers with links instead

> You just need an appropriate bibliography style. See
> https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref/blob/master/org-ref.org#bibliography-links

Well concerning the LaTeX exporter, you are right, but for the HTML
exporter

cite:tao06:_global

bibliographystyle:plain
bibliography:/home/oub/texmf/bibtex/bib/bibgraf.bib

Does not make any difference.

But I don't know how to configure the HTML exporter with that respect. I
know how to configure the list of references, say the name of the
Journal in bold face for example.

But not how to configure the citation form in the text

--

@ 2023-01-20 13:14     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-01-20 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: John Kitchin, emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Well concerning the LaTeX exporter, you are right, but for the HTML
> exporter

I think you need to use CSL then.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,