* remember handling.
@ 2007-04-02  7:27 François Lagarde
From: François Lagarde @ 2007-04-02  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I really enjoy using org for a lot of things.

I also use remember, which provides me an easy way to create quick notes,
especially when i am working on a file.

My question is, if (and how) would be possible to find quickly (I mean
with a keyboard shortcut) all the notes belonging to the current buffer.

François Lagarde

* Re: remember handling.
@ 2007-04-23 19:14 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-04-23 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: François Lagarde; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I guess an `org-occur' sparse tree searching for the file name
in a link might do the trick, like the following command
(untested).

(defun my-links-to-this-file ()
   "Find links to the current file in ~/org/notes.org."
   (interactive)
   (let ((file (file-name-nondirectory (buffer-file-name))))
     (find-file-other-window "~/org/notes.org")
     (org-occur (concat "\\[\\[file:.*?"
                        (regexp-quote file)
                        ".*?\\]\\]"))))

(define-key global-map [(f11)] 'my-links-to-this-file)

This only looks for the file name and does not pay attention to the
directory, so if you have several files with the same name, this
will have to become more complicated.  Also, I am using explicitly
the file ~/org/notes.org as the place to look for links, this
you have to modify as well.  Really just a proof of concept,
But maybe something to start from?

- Carsten

--
Carsten Dominik