From: Bastien <bzg@altern.org>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Re: org-mode and Google Calendar
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 11:44:34 +0100	[thread overview]

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

>> And maybe this description field could also skip timestamps that are
>> not
>> SCHEDULED or DEADLINE. I often use such timestamps and the description
>> shows them, which looks weird:

> Not sure about that, how to decide what is important and what not?

Yes, no need to skip timestamp when getting the description. I just
discovered I could use timestamps in properties like this:

  :PROPERTIES:
    :TIMESTAMP: <2007-10-04 jeu>
    :SCHEDULED: <2007-10-04 jeu>
    :DEADLINE: <2007-10-04 jeu>
    :ARCHIVE:  archives/patres_archive::
    :CATEGORY: patres
  :END:

This way the description doesn't contain the timestamp.

Maybe a :DESCRIPTION: would also be useful to explicitly specify the
short description. This short description would override the one that
Org tries to guess from the first line of the subtree.

But eh, I've got my :LOCATION: so I won't be pushy on this one :)

--
Bastien