* DONE items in agenda
@ 2009-02-13 17:44 JBash
From: JBash @ 2009-02-13 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have done something to break my desired behavior, which is to exclude DONE
items from the agenda views.  In the process of trying to fix it, I've run
across what appears to be an inconsistency in the FAQ and the
customize-variable definitions.  Or maybe I'm interpreting it incorrectly...
(quite likely, since I still can't get back to my desired behavior...)  It
looks like emacs says non-nil skips over DONE items, but the FAQ says nil
skips over done items.  Am I reading this wrong?

I've also tried changing org-agenda-include-all-todo, but still get
SCHEDULED, DONE items in the agenda view.  What am I missing?

Thanks,
Jerry

From the customize-variable window in emacs:

Org Agenda Skip Scheduled If Done: Hide Value Toggle  off (nil)
   State: STANDARD.

Non-nil means don't show scheduled items in agenda when they are done. Hide
Rest
This is relevant for the daily/weekly agenda, not for the TODO list.  And
it applies only to the actual date of the scheduling.  Warnings about
an item with a past scheduling dates are always turned off when the item
is DONE.

From the FAQ on worg:

For instance, type:

M-x customize-variable RET org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done

 If this variable is on (t), then scheduled items will remain on the agenda
even after they are marked done.

If the variable is off (nil), then scheduled items will disappear from the
agenda after they are marked done.

If these settings seem not to behave the way you expect, then make sure you
understand the difference between SCHEDULED, DEADLINE, and timestamps.