* breaking protocol (org-protocol.el)
@ 2009-06-23 16:21 savoie
From: savoie @ 2009-06-23 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sorry for breaking protocol, I'm going out on a limb and guessing this
is where I might get some help.

I'm looking to get the file org-protocol.el. I've looked at the worg
site at the org-protocol page, but the only direct link I can find on it
is this, http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-protocol.el, which is
dead.

Could someone point me to the correct directions for getting this
package?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

--
Matthew Savoie  -  Scientific Programmer
National Snow and Ice Data Center

* Re: breaking protocol (org-protocol.el)
@ 2009-06-23 17:43 ` Benjamin Andresen
From: Benjamin Andresen @ 2009-06-23 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: savoie; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hey,

savoie@nsidc.org writes:

> I'm looking to get the file org-protocol.el. I've looked at the worg
> site at the org-protocol page, but the only direct link I can find on it
> is this, http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-protocol.el, which is
> dead.
>
> Could someone point me to the correct directions for getting this
> package?

It's in the git repository at lisp/org-protocol.el

You can get file by using git or using the web interface:
git clone git://repo.or.cz/org-mode.git
http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode.git?a=blob_plain;f=lisp/org-protocol.el;hb=HEAD

Always be aware when mixing org-release and org-git versions.

> Thanks in advance,
> Matt

br,
benny

* Re: breaking protocol (org-protocol.el)
@ 2009-06-23 22:36 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-06-23 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: savoie; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

savoie@nsidc.org writes:
> I'm looking to get the file org-protocol.el. I've looked at the worg
> site at the org-protocol page, but the only direct link I can find on it
> is this, http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-protocol.el, which is

Sorry. That was not meant as a link to org-protocol.el - a typo.

Fixed now.

   Sebastian

* Re: Re: breaking protocol (org-protocol.el)
@ 2009-06-23 22:38   ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-06-23 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Andresen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, savoie

Benjamin Andresen <benny@in-ulm.de> writes:
> It's in the git repository at lisp/org-protocol.el

....means it comes with the current Org-mode versions. No need to load
anything extra.

Regards

   Sebastian