* possible URI handling bug: verification and reporting?
@ 2009-07-30 21:36 Tom Roche
From: Tom Roche @ 2009-07-30 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've been using org-mode for a couple weeks now and am mostly very
impressed (not to mention occasionally overwhelmed). I have noticed
one bug, however, which

0 might just be me, so perhaps other folks can try to reproduce it

1 is probably in browse-url, so I'm not sure how to report it

Anyway, the behavior concerns the following link:

http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1352-2310(01)00429-0

0 When I paste the link from my browser into an org-mode buffer, only
  the part before the first '('

http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1352-2310

  is fontified.

1 When I subsequently click on the fontified link, the URI fragment

http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1352-2310

  gets passed to my browser. (Being a fragment, it 404s, though the
  full link above does not.)

FWIW I'm running

org-version="Org-mode version 6.28e"

emacs-version="GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.1)
of 2008-09-05 on vernadsky, modified by Ubuntu"

ubuntu-version="Ubuntu 9.04"

linux-kernel-version="2.6.28-14-generic i686"

HTH, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche@pobox.com>