Hi Michael, Michael Käufl writes: > I tried to enter a date before 01/01/1970 using “C-c .” (org-time-stamp) and > org replaced the year by 2011. (The same problem occurs with org-time-stamp- > inactive and the C-u prefixed variants.) > > Although I guess that this is related to the unix time, which starts on > 01/01/1970 00:00, my lisp skills aren't good enough to let me find the > responsible code line. > > Maybe there is someone who can fix this or tell me that it's a feature, not a > bug;) The attached patch allows dates before 1970. I tested it and I didn't see any side-effect so far -- but there must a good reason why we have this limitation. Carsten, could you tell where this limitation is necessary? Thanks,