* Matplotlib (Python) plots inline
@ 2011-06-06  9:21 Torsten Bronger
From: Torsten Bronger @ 2011-06-06  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hallöchen!

I wonder what is the best way to include plots generated from Python
code into my notes.  I found a way but maybe there's a better one.

What I do is

#+begin_src python
  import numpy, matplotlib, matplotlib.pyplot
  figure = matplotlib.pyplot.figure()
  axes = figure.add_subplot(111, title=u"Hello", xlabel="x", ylabel="y")
  x = numpy.arange(-10, 10, 0.1)
  axes.plot(x, x**2)
  figure.savefig("/tmp/plot_test.png")
  figure.clf()
#+end_src

#+results:
: None

[[/tmp/plot_test.png]]

However, it is a little bit cumbersome.  Is there an easier way to
define code (possibly with boilerplate), and let it be replaced with
the graphics file it produces?

Tschö,
Torsten.

--