* Agenda file for the "following X days"
@ 2011-06-07  4:10 Ugur Ozdemir
From: Ugur Ozdemir @ 2011-06-07  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

As a novice I was wondering if there is an easy way of creating an agenda file for a certain number of days starting from today. I know I can do some custom agenda commands if I do some study but I guess I am trying to free ride here.

Cheers,

--
Ugur Ozdemir

* Re: Agenda file for the "following X days"
@ 2011-06-07  6:59 ` Detlef Steuer
From: Detlef Steuer @ 2011-06-07  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 23:10:12 -0500
Ugur Ozdemir <uozdemir@go.wustl.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As a novice I was wondering if there is an easy way of creating an agenda file for a certain number of days starting from today. I know I can do some custom agenda commands if I do some study but I guess I am trying to free ride here.

And you get it, of course!

(setq org-agenda-ndays 35)

Where 35 is my number of days I like to look ahead.

Bye
Detlef

@ 2011-06-07 12:00   ` Michael Markert
From: Michael Markert @ 2011-06-07 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Detlef Steuer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 7 Jun 2011, Detlef Steuer wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 23:10:12 -0500
> Ugur Ozdemir <uozdemir@go.wustl.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As a novice I was wondering if there is an easy way of creating an
>> agenda file for a certain number of days starting from today. I know
>> I can do some custom agenda commands if I do some study but I guess I
>> am trying to free ride here.
>>

> And you get it, of course!
>
> (setq org-agenda-ndays 35)
>
> Where 35 is my number of days I like to look ahead.

Building on this, you can define a function like that:

(defun my-org-agenda ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((org-agenda-ndays 35))
    (org-agenda)))

Michael

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 836 bytes --]

* Re: Agenda file for the
@ 2011-06-07 17:23     ` Ugur Ozdemir
From: Ugur Ozdemir @ 2011-06-07 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thanks to both of you !

* Re: Agenda file for the "following X days"
@ 2011-06-07 18:00     ` Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2011-06-07 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Markert; +Cc: Detlef Steuer, emacs-orgmode

Michael Markert <markert.michael@googlemail.com> writes:

> On 7 Jun 2011, Detlef Steuer wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 23:10:12 -0500
>> Ugur Ozdemir <uozdemir@go.wustl.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> As a novice I was wondering if there is an easy way of creating an
>>> agenda file for a certain number of days starting from today. I know
>>> I can do some custom agenda commands if I do some study but I guess I
>>> am trying to free ride here.
>>>

>> And you get it, of course!
>>
>> (setq org-agenda-ndays 35)
>>
>> Where 35 is my number of days I like to look ahead.
>
> Building on this, you can define a function like that:
>
> (defun my-org-agenda ()
>   (interactive)
>   (let ((org-agenda-ndays 35))
>     (org-agenda)))
>
> Michael

Maybe you can just use the prefix key for your needs?
C-u 5 C-c a a
will create a 5 day agenda. It is left as an excercise for the reader to
create an 8 day agenda (or a 5-year plan, or any other use). :)

Or maybe you were looking for something else?
--
Johnny