* execute function when TAB expands a headline
@ 2011-06-08  6:04 Christian Wittern
From: Christian Wittern @ 2011-06-08  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

I am (also!) using org-mode for displaying dictionary data, with the
headword part of the headline.  When I press on TAB, the entry expands and I
see the explanation and some sample sentences.  Now, to make it easier (for
my eyes) to parse the examples, I would like to highlight the headword, as
it appears in the examples.  I believe hi-lock mode etc. could do the trick,
but I am stuck at how to hook into the TAB execution, so that I can call my
code.  Any hints very much appreciated!

All the best,

Chris

* Re: execute function when TAB expands a headline
@ 2011-06-08 11:15 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-06-08 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christian Wittern <cwittern@gmail.com> writes:

> I am (also!) using org-mode for displaying dictionary data, with the
> headword part of the headline.  When I press on TAB, the entry expands and I
> see the explanation and some sample sentences.  Now, to make it easier (for
> my eyes) to parse the examples, I would like to highlight the headword, as
> it appears in the examples.  I believe hi-lock mode etc. could do the trick,
> but I am stuck at how to hook into the TAB execution, so that I can call my
> code.  Any hints very much appreciated!

I believe you could use org-cycle-hook.

Best,
Matt

* Re: execute function when TAB expands a headline
@ 2011-06-08 11:57   ` Christian Wittern
From: Christian Wittern @ 2011-06-08 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2011-06-08 20:15, Matt Lundin wrote:
> Christian Wittern<cwittern@gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> I believe hi-lock mode etc. could do the trick,
>> but I am stuck at how to hook into the TAB execution, so that I can call my
>> code.  Any hints very much appreciated!
> I believe you could use org-cycle-hook.

Great! That indeed sounds like what I need.  I'll give it a try.

All the best,  Chris