* Adding xmpfilter as a results type
@ 2011-06-10  4:42 Avdi Grimm
From: Avdi Grimm @ 2011-06-10  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Something I've been thinking about lately...

If you have used Ruby you might be familiar with the 'xmpfilter'
command which comes in the 'rcodetools' package. It's a filter that
annotates a source file with the results of expressions, so:

    1 + 1 # =>

When run through xmpfilter would become:

    1 + 1 # => 2

There's already an rcodetools.el which makes it pretty easy to run
xmpfilter over the current region, or a whole buffer of Ruby code. But
it would be sweet if this could become an alternate :results type for
Ruby source listings, so I could just hit C-c C-c and get the
xmpfilter version of the code.

Any thoughts on how to make this work?

--
Avdi Grimm
http://avdi.org

* Re: Adding xmpfilter as a results type
@ 2011-06-10 16:52 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-06-10 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: avdi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Avdi,

Good idea!  This was easy to implement (the hardest part was installing
rcodetools).  The current Org-mode git head now supports a new result
type "xmp" which behaves as follows...

  #+begin_src ruby :results xmp code
    2 + 2 # =>
    3.times{ puts :hello }