* Email -> Org-mode: charset problem
@ 2011-06-27  8:30 Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2011-06-27  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

Is there somebody who managed to develop an email to Org-mode bridge
without having charset problems? (No, I do not use Emacs as a
MUA[4])

    Disclaimer: This is not directly related to Org-mode but I guess
    there are people here with the very same problem.

I am using a procmail[1] with an entry to forward emails containing
a keyword in the subject into my inbox.org (where also MobileOrg[2]
entries are written to).

This is quite handy since some tasks arrive at emails and I want to
capture this everywhere (smartphone, webmail, ...) using a simply
email forward.

Unfortunately I get weird stuff like uuencoded things, UTF-8 in
ASCII, ... which messes up my inbox.org and I am not able to read it
afterwards.[5]

I guess this is because procmail and formail[3] – the tools I am
using to extract mail infos to append to the org-file – are
7-bit-only or similar.

If this is the case, I guess I'll have to find a different approach
for this purpose.

Any ideas?

  1. http://www.procmail.org/
  2. https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/wiki/