* [babel] [bug] inline src_R breaks downstream src block
@ 2011-08-09  4:00 Charles C. Berry
From: Charles C. Berry @ 2011-08-09  4:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

,----

| * inline code block example
|

| AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
| blah blah src_R[:results output]{cat(rnorm(2))}
| CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
| #+begin_src R :eval never :exports none
| 1+2
| a <- b + c
| xyz
| #+end_src
| DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
`----

When I run C-c C-e A y, I get a buffer that misses the 'DDD...' line.

When I run C-c C-e L y, I get a buffer that ends like this:

----
| AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
| blah blah  \texttt{-1.172165 -0.5324113}
| CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
| \begin{src}R DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
|
| \end{document}
`----

More complicated examples exhibit other problems, I speculate that
parsing the inline src_R and setting up to find the next
#+begin_src...#+end_src instance is what has gone wrong.

FWIW, changing the :exports header to 'code' seems to give correct
results

Also, placing a dummy example like this:

,----
| #+begin_example
| #+end_example
`----

after the  src_R line produces correct results.

Chuck

Charles C. Berry                            Dept of Family/Preventive Medicine
cberry@tajo.ucsd.edu			    UC San Diego

* Re: [babel] [bug] inline src_R breaks downstream src block
@ 2011-08-19 22:50 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-08-19 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles C. Berry; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Charles,

yes, there are some problems with parsing inline source blocks.
Stephen also reported that these colon lines

  : were $\beta_2$ = src_R{round(out3$coef[3], 4)}
  : and $\beta_3$ = src_R{round(out3$coef[4], 4)}

where not exporting correctly... Eric, can you have a look at
these problems?

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: [babel] [bug] inline src_R breaks downstream src block
@ 2011-08-21 18:35   ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-08-21 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Charles C. Berry

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi Charles,
>
> yes, there are some problems with parsing inline source blocks.
> Stephen also reported that these colon lines
>
>   : were $\beta_2$ = src_R{round(out3$coef[3], 4)}
>   : and $\beta_3$ = src_R{round(out3$coef[4], 4)}
>
> where not exporting correctly... Eric, can you have a look at
> these problems?
>
> Thanks!

It will probably be a couple of days before I have sufficient time to
address these issues, but rest assured it is only my TODO list.

Thanks -- Eric

> "Charles C. Berry" <ccberry@ucsd.edu> writes:
>
>> ,----
>> | blah blah src_R[:results output]{cat(rnorm(2))}
>> | CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
>> | #+begin_src R :eval never :exports none
>> | 1+2
>> | a <- b + c
>> | xyz
>> | #+end_src
>> | DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>> `----
>>

>> When I run C-c C-e A y, I get a buffer that misses the 'DDD...' line.
>>
>> When I run C-c C-e L y, I get a buffer that ends like this:
>>
>> ----
>> | AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>> | blah blah  \texttt{-1.172165 -0.5324113}
>> | CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
>> | \begin{src}R DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>> `----
>>
>> More complicated examples exhibit other problems, I speculate that
>> parsing the inline src_R and setting up to find the next
>> #+begin_src...#+end_src instance is what has gone wrong.
>>
>> FWIW, changing the :exports header to 'code' seems to give correct
>> results
>>
>> Also, placing a dummy example like this:
>>
>> ,----
>> | #+begin_example
>> | #+end_example
>> `----
>>
>> after the  src_R line produces correct results.
>>
>> Chuck
>>

>> Charles C. Berry                            Dept of Family/Preventive Medicine
>> cberry@tajo.ucsd.edu			    UC San Diego
>> http://famprevmed.ucsd.edu/faculty/cberry/  La Jolla, San Diego 92093-0901

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

* Re: [babel] [bug] inline src_R breaks downstream src block
@ 2011-08-21 20:17     ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-08-21 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Charles C. Berry

I've just pushed up a change to org-exp-blocks which should fix Charles'
original problem related to conflict between inline and regular code
blocks.  Please let me know if this problem persists in the latest git
HEAD.

Thanks -- Eric

@ 2011-08-21 20:25       ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-08-21 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Charles C. Berry

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> writes:

> I've just pushed up a change to org-exp-blocks which should fix Charles'
> original problem related to conflict between inline and regular code
> blocks.  Please let me know if this problem persists in the latest git
> HEAD.
>
> Thanks -- Eric
>
> Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
>>
>>> Hi Charles,
>>>
>>> yes, there are some problems with parsing inline source blocks.
>>> Stephen also reported that these colon lines
>>>
>>>   : were $\beta_2$ = src_R{round(out3$coef[3], 4)}
>>>   : and $\beta_3$ = src_R{round(out3$coef[4], 4)}

Inline source blocks like those above should now also be exporting as
expected.

Cheers -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

* Re: [babel] [bug] inline src_R breaks downstream src block
@ 2011-08-22  3:19       ` Charles C. Berry
From: Charles C. Berry @ 2011-08-22  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011, Eric Schulte wrote:

> I've just pushed up a change to org-exp-blocks which should fix Charles'
> original problem related to conflict between inline and regular code
> blocks.  Please let me know if this problem persists in the latest git
> HEAD.

Just updated to

Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.167.gfceb.dirty)

And I get

[...]
Code block evaluation complete.
if: Args out of range: -1, -1

after typing C-c C-e A RET y

:-(

Chuck

@ 2011-08-22 14:25         ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-08-22 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles C. Berry; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

Hi Chuck,

I just pushed up another fix, after which your example exports cleanly
on my system.  Please give this another try and let me know if it is now
working for you as well.

Thanks -- Eric

@ 2011-08-22 17:32           ` Charles C. Berry
From: Charles C. Berry @ 2011-08-22 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011, Eric Schulte wrote:

> Hi Chuck,
>
> I just pushed up another fix, after which your example exports cleanly
> on my system.  Please give this another try and let me know if it is now
> working for you as well.

Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.170.gcaaad.dirty) works fine on the
example.

Thanks,

Chuck

@ 2011-08-22 19:58         ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2011-08-22 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Charles C. Berry" <ccberry@ucsd.edu> writes:

> And I get
>
> [...]
> Code block evaluation complete.
> if: Args out of range: -1, -1

I have updated to latest Emacs bzr and org-git. Starting emacs with the
-q flag and trying the simple example src_R{1+1} I get the above error
when I use org-babel-exp-inline-src-blocks. Eval via C-c C-c works as
expected but when I export it halts due to
org-babel-exp-inline-src-blocks errors.

—Rasmus

--
Sent from my Emacs

* Re: [babel] [bug] inline src_R breaks downstream src block
@ 2011-08-22 20:08           ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-08-22 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> "Charles C. Berry" <ccberry@ucsd.edu> writes:
>
>> And I get
>>
>> [...]
>> Code block evaluation complete.
>> if: Args out of range: -1, -1
>
> I have updated to latest Emacs bzr and org-git. Starting emacs with the
> -q flag and trying the simple example src_R{1+1} I get the above error
> when I use org-babel-exp-inline-src-blocks. Eval via C-c C-c works as
> expected but when I export it halts due to
> org-babel-exp-inline-src-blocks errors.

I just tried the following with the latest Org-mode...

1. emacs -Q
2. evaluated the following elisp
   #+begin_src emacs-lisp
     (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/src/org/lisp")
     (load-file "~/.emacs.d/src/org/lisp/org-install.el")
     (load-file "~/.emacs.d/src/org/lisp/ob-sh.el")
   #+end_src
3. exported the attached file to both html and ASCII, and everything
   worked as expected

[-- Attachment #2: something.org --]
[-- Type: text/x-org, Size: 418 bytes --]

#+Title: something

* inline code block example
Here is one src_sh{echo eric} and another src_sh{echo schulte} and
maybe even on more src_sh{echo patton}.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
blah blah src_R[:results output]{cat(rnorm(2))}
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
#+begin_src R :eval never :exports none
1+2
a <- b + c
xyz
#+end_src
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Perhaps the problem is specific to your system?

Cheers -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

* Re: [babel] [bug] inline src_R breaks downstream src block
@ 2011-08-23 16:27     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-08-23 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Charles C. Berry

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> writes:

> It will probably be a couple of days before I have sufficient time to
> address these issues, but rest assured it is only my TODO list.

Thanks for your persistence in fixing this!

--
 Bastien