* [OT] ELNODE is soon to be released as version 1.0
@ 2012-08-11  0:23 brian powell
From: brian powell @ 2012-08-11  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

* Some people have expressed interest in Elnode in the past: ELNODE is soon
to be released as version 1.0

** Video mentions Emacs OrgMode (and includes an example) and Node.js:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/TR7DPvEi7Jg

** Elnode - the EmacsLisp Async Webserver @ version 0.9.9
Elnode is a webserver for Emacs 24, written in EmacsLisp. It turns your
Emacs into a web ...
nic.ferrier.me.uk/.../elnode-nears-1-point-0?...

* Re: [OT] ELNODE is soon to be released as version 1.0
@ 2012-08-13  8:12 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-08-13  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Brian,

brian powell wrote:
> * Some people have expressed interest in Elnode in the past: ELNODE is soon
> to be released as version 1.0
>
> ** Video mentions Emacs OrgMode (and includes an example) and Node.js:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/embed/TR7DPvEi7Jg
>
> ** Elnode - the EmacsLisp Async Webserver @ version 0.9.9
> Elnode is a webserver for Emacs 24, written in EmacsLisp. It turns your
> Emacs into a web ...
> nic.ferrier.me.uk/.../elnode-nears-1-point-0?...

A pitty he only picked up Org for the tables, not for the entire file syntax.

However, very very nice work!

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: [OT] ELNODE is soon to be released as version 1.0
@ 2012-08-13 21:05   ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2012-08-13 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Sebastien Vauban"
<wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:

> Hello Brian,
>
> brian powell wrote:
>> * Some people have expressed interest in Elnode in the past: ELNODE is soon
>> to be released as version 1.0
>>
>> ** Video mentions Emacs OrgMode (and includes an example) and Node.js:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/embed/TR7DPvEi7Jg>
>> ** Elnode - the EmacsLisp Async Webserver @ version 0.9.9
>> Elnode is a webserver for Emacs 24, written in EmacsLisp. It turns your
>> Emacs into a web ...
>> nic.ferrier.me.uk/.../elnode-nears-1-point-0?...
>
> A pitty he only picked up Org for the tables, not for the entire file syntax.

It is pretty simple to serve org files with elnode. Nic made an example
for me:

#+begin_src elisp

  (require 'elnode)
  (defun elnode-org-handler (httpcon)
    (elnode-docroot-for "~/Plans"
        with org-file
        on httpcon
        do (with-current-buffer (find-file-noselect org-file) ;;org-file
             (let ((org-html
                    ;; This might throw errors so you could condition-case it
                    (org-export-as-html 3 nil nil 'string)))
               (elnode-send-html httpcon org-html)))))

  (elnode-start 'elnode-org-handler :port 8003)

#+end_src

Of course you need to elaborate on that for a real site, but you get the
idea.

I intend to use elnode for my own future personal org based website.

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: [OT] ELNODE is soon to be released as version 1.0
@ 2012-08-13 21:56     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-13 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

joakim@verona.se writes:

> I intend to use elnode for my own future personal org based website.

Don't forget to send us the link when it's done, I'd love to see this.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: [OT] ELNODE is soon to be released as version 1.0
@ 2012-08-13 22:36 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2012-08-13 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: brian powell; +Cc: Org Mode

brian powell <briangpowellms@gmail.com> writes:

> * Some people have expressed interest in Elnode in the past: ELNODE is soon
> to be released as version 1.0
>
> ** Video mentions Emacs OrgMode (and includes an example) and Node.js:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/embed/TR7DPvEi7Jg
>
> ** Elnode - the EmacsLisp Async Webserver @ version 0.9.9
> Elnode is a webserver for Emacs 24, written in EmacsLisp. It turns your
> Emacs into a web ...
> nic.ferrier.me.uk/.../elnode-nears-1-point-0?...

I can confirm that elnode is a joy to work with.  See my recent
announcement to the list of a server which allows editing Org-mode files
through the web browser.

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/58773

The elnode relevant portion is located in a single file and only
required ~50 LOC to implement.

  https://github.com/eschulte/org-ehtml/blob/master/src/org-ehtml-server.el

Cheers,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: [OT] ELNODE is soon to be released as version 1.0
@ 2012-08-14 15:07       ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-08-14 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is elnode a Free Software - AGPL?

* Re: [OT] ELNODE is soon to be released as version 1.0
@ 2012-08-14 15:12         ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-08-14 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Is elnode a Free Software - AGPL?

I was looking for a license but it seems to have it under COPYING.
Anyways, should it be AGPL?

Will Nic be coaxed to put it under GNU ELPA?

https://github.com/nicferrier/elnode/blob/57bb600b596a143ecd36ab994a287a7b71889ffb/COPYING

* Re: [OT] ELNODE is soon to be released as version 1.0
@ 2012-08-14 18:44           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-14 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Nic Ferrier

> I was looking for a license but it seems to have it under COPYING.
> Anyways, should it be AGPL?
>
> Will Nic be coaxed to put it under GNU ELPA?

I'm copying Nic.

Let's take further discussion (if any) outside of the org-mode list.

--
 Bastien

* Re: [OT] ELNODE is soon to be released as version 1.0
@ 2012-08-14 19:31           ` Christopher Allan Webber
From: Christopher Allan Webber @ 2012-08-14 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>> Is elnode a Free Software - AGPL?

If elnode is under GPLv3 or later, it's still free software.

> I was looking for a license but it seems to have it under COPYING.
> Anyways, should it be AGPL?

I'm a big fan of the AGPL... my own personal project uses it... but I
might be somewhat cautious about releasing a web framework under that
library.  There's a huge scope of things you may be unintentionally be
forcing people to share (such as passwords, etc) especially since
configuration is done in lisp.  I think complying with the distribution
requirements of the AGPL may be hard for a lot of elnode projects in
ways that are not intended without carefully crafted exceptions.  I
think AGPL makes a lot of sense for web applications, but I'd be
cautious about using it for libraries as such.

But that's just my two cents and I know not all AGPL supporters would
agree with me on this.

* Re: [OT] ELNODE is soon to be released as version 1.0
@ 2012-08-14 21:29             ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-14 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Allan Webber; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Jambunathan K

Hi Christopher,

please discuss this on a place related to elnode, this is OT here.

Thanks for your understanding!

--
 Bastien