* export inline image from source results?
@ 2012-08-21 17:57 Petro
From: Petro @ 2012-08-21 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all.
I generate an image from python source like this:
#+BEGIN_SRC python :results output raw :export results
  from pylab import figure, plot
  import pylab as plt
  import numpy as np
  plt.ioff()
  figure()
  plot(np.random.rand(10),'o')
  pic_name='fit_rates1.svg'
  path_name='/home/petro/tmp/'
  plt.savefig(path_name + pic_name)
  print "[" + "[" + path_name + pic_name +"]]"

#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
[[/home/petro/tmp/fit_rates1.svg]]

Can I export the result? Rigth now the image is exported only if I copy the image link and
paste it few lines below.
Thanks.
Petro

* Re: export inline image from source results?
@ 2012-08-21 19:20 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2012-08-21 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petro; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Petro <x.piter@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all.
> I generate an image from python source like this:
> #+BEGIN_SRC python :results output raw :export results
>   from pylab import figure, plot
>   import pylab as plt
>   import numpy as np
>   plt.ioff()
>   figure()
>   plot(np.random.rand(10),'o')
>   pic_name='fit_rates1.svg'
>   path_name='/home/petro/tmp/'
>   plt.savefig(path_name + pic_name)
>   print "[" + "[" + path_name + pic_name +"]]"
>
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+RESULTS:
> [[/home/petro/tmp/fit_rates1.svg]]

> Can I export the result? Rigth now the image is exported only if I copy the image link and
> paste it few lines below.

Hi Petro,

Is the link exported at all, or do you get no results export?

You could add the following additional header argument to your code
block to inform org-mode that the results are a link to a file.

  :file /home/petro/tmp/fit_rates1.svg

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: export inline image from source results?
@ 2012-08-21 20:41   ` Petro
From: Petro @ 2012-08-21 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Eric Schulte <eric.schulte@gmx.com> writes:

> Petro <x.piter@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi all.
>> I generate an image from python source like this:
>> #+BEGIN_SRC python :results output raw :export results
>>   from pylab import figure, plot
>>   import pylab as plt
>>   import numpy as np
>>   plt.ioff()
>>   figure()
>>   plot(np.random.rand(10),'o')
>>   pic_name='fit_rates1.svg'
>>   path_name='/home/petro/tmp/'
>>   plt.savefig(path_name + pic_name)
>>   print "[" + "[" + path_name + pic_name +"]]"
>>
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> #+RESULTS:
>> [[/home/petro/tmp/fit_rates1.svg]]

>> Can I export the result? Rigth now the image is exported only if I copy the image link and
>> paste it few lines below.
>
> Hi Petro,
>
> Is the link exported at all, or do you get no results export?
>
> You could add the following additional header argument to your code
> block to inform org-mode that the results are a link to a file.
>
>   :file /home/petro/tmp/fit_rates1.svg
>
> Best,
>

>> Thanks.
>> Petro

I think I cannot use :file header argument, if I remember well with this
argument org-mode will create a new results file overwriting the one
created by a command in the source code.
My problem solved. I've made a mistake of using :export instead of
:exports in the source header. Now everything works.
Thanks
Petro