* TINYCHANGE cookie
@ 2012-12-08  0:43 J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2012-12-08  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

What is a TINYCHANGE cookie?  I see it alluded to in many messages about
patches for the Org code base, but googling it has left me with no
information.

Dave

* [RESOLVED] Re:  TINYCHANGE cookie
@ 2012-12-08  0:50 ` Ian Bryant
From: Ian Bryant @ 2012-12-08  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. David Boyd; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, 2012-12-07 at 19:43 -0500, J. David Boyd wrote:
> What is a TINYCHANGE cookie?  I see it alluded to in many messages about
> patches for the Org code base, but googling it has left me with no
> information.
>
> Dave

"If the change is a minor change made by a committer without
copyright assignment to the FSF, the commit message should also
contain the cookie TINYCHANGE (anywhere in the message). When
we later produce the ChangeLog file for Emacs, the change will
be marked appropriately."

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

--
Happy hacking,

Ian Bryant

* Re: TINYCHANGE cookie
@ 2012-12-08 11:56 ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2012-12-08 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 07:43:42PM -0500, J. David Boyd wrote:

> What is a TINYCHANGE cookie?  I see it alluded to in many messages about
> patches for the Org code base, but googling it has left me with no
> information.

If you submit a patch, and it adds less than 20 lines (or is mostly a
rewrite of some form) then you add that in the commit message so that
the patch can be accepted without you needing to sign the FSF copyright
release papers.  Of course if you have signed the papers, then you need
not be concerned about it.

HTH

--
Suvayu

* Re: TINYCHANGE cookie
@ 2012-12-08 14:45   ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2012-12-08 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 07:43:42PM -0500, J. David Boyd wrote:
>>
>> What is a TINYCHANGE cookie?  I see it alluded to in many messages about
>> patches for the Org code base, but googling it has left me with no
>> information.
>>

> If you submit a patch, and it adds less than 20 lines (or is mostly a
> rewrite of some form) then you add that in the commit message so that
> the patch can be accepted without you needing to sign the FSF copyright
> release papers.  Of course if you have signed the papers, then you need
> not be concerned about it.
>
> HTH

It was the word 'cookie' that threw me.   I was picturing a
Netscape-style cookie, a separate file, following a specified format.

Thanks for the info...