* bug: "org-export-preprocess-string: Wrong number of arguments" when doing "org-export-as-html"
@ 2013-02-27 14:17 Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-02-27 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

Org-mode 7.9.3f (692f053d8 Wed Feb 27 14:49:46 2013 +0100)

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
(org-export-as-html 3 nil nil "htmlized-output" nil nil)
#+END_SRC

results in:

org-export-preprocess-string: Wrong number of arguments:
#[(&optional sort-only) "<a lot of weird characters>"
[org-inlinetask-min-level limit-level org-odd-levels-only nstars
org-outline-regexp count boundp 2 "\\*" format ...] 7
("/home/vk/.emacs.d/contrib/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote.elc" .
16171)], 2

A couple of weeks ago, it worked flawlessly with a single
difference: in between, the first optional parameter HIDDEN was
added. So I added "nil" as well.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

--
Karl Voit

* Re: bug: "org-export-preprocess-string: Wrong number of arguments" when doing "org-export-as-html"
@ 2013-02-28 11:13 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-02-28 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Karl Voit <devnull <at> Karl-Voit.at> writes:
> #+BEGIN_SRC elisp
> (org-export-as-html 3 nil nil "htmlized-output" nil nil)
> #+END_SRC

> Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

You are trying to use the old exporter and pick up code from an earlier version
of Org.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: bug: "org-export-preprocess-string: Wrong number of arguments" when doing "org-export-as-html"
@ 2013-02-28 11:22   ` Neuwirth Erich
From: Neuwirth Erich @ 2013-02-28 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

As I learned the correct name for elisp to use with begin_src is emacs-lisp, not elisp

@ 2013-03-01 10:10     ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-03-01 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Neuwirth Erich <erich.neuwirth@univie.ac.at> wrote:
> As I learned the correct name for elisp to use with begin_src is emacs-lisp, not elisp

Oh, thanks for this side-mark. I did not look it up, wrote "elisp",
and babel executed as expected. But good to know. I'll remember now
:-)

--

@ 2013-03-01 10:18   ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-03-01 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Achim Gratz <Stromeko@NexGo.DE> wrote:
> Karl Voit <devnull <at> Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>> #+BEGIN_SRC elisp
>> (org-export-as-html 3 nil nil "htmlized-output" nil nil)
>> #+END_SRC
>
>> Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
>
> You are trying to use the old exporter and pick up code from an earlier version
> of Org.

Oh, am I? :-O I was not aware of this. Obviously, I am no insider of
emacs-lisp nor the exporting mechanism of Org.

What is the equivalent elisp expression for using the new exporter?

Or should I just wait until Org 8.0 which would not be of any
problem for me now? I know, that these days, a lot of changes are
going on on the exporting parts of Org - which I appreciate very
much!

Background: I was testing a weird idea of mine. Writing a shell
script which uses «emacs -Q --script exportscript.el» for batch
converting an Org-mode file to HTML «from outside» of Emacs.

--
Karl Voit

* Re: bug: "org-export-preprocess-string: Wrong number of arguments" when doing "org-export-as-html"
@ 2013-03-01 11:12     ` Nicolas Goaziou
  2013-03-01 16:04       ` org-html-export-to-html instead of old exporter (was: bug: "org-export-preprocess-string: Wrong number of arguments" when doing "org-export-as-html") Karl Voit
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-03-01 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news1142; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> * Achim Gratz <Stromeko@NexGo.DE> wrote:
>> Karl Voit <devnull <at> Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>>> #+BEGIN_SRC elisp
>>> (org-export-as-html 3 nil nil "htmlized-output" nil nil)
>>> #+END_SRC
>>
>>> Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
>>
>> You are trying to use the old exporter and pick up code from an earlier version
>> of Org.
>
> Oh, am I? :-O I was not aware of this. Obviously, I am no insider of
> emacs-lisp nor the exporting mechanism of Org.
>
> What is the equivalent elisp expression for using the new exporter?

`org-html-export-to-html' (output to file) and `org-html-export-as-html'
(output to temporary buffer).

For batch processing, you can also use `org-export-as', in conjunction
with `html' backend, which will output a string.

There's also `org-export-string-as', which will do the same as
`org-export-as' but will work from an input string instead of the
current buffer.

Nicolas Goaziou

@ 2013-03-01 16:04       ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-03-01 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi!

> Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>
>> What is the equivalent elisp expression for using the new exporter?
>
> `org-html-export-to-html' (output to file) and `org-html-export-as-html'
> (output to temporary buffer).
>
> For batch processing, you can also use `org-export-as', in conjunction
> with `html' backend, which will output a string.

Thank you!

> There's also `org-export-string-as', which will do the same as
> `org-export-as' but will work from an input string instead of the
> current buffer.

Good point - this is quite handy for me as well. Thanks!

--
Karl Voit