* [Taskjuggler] Status of exporter
@ 2013-04-29 20:52 Christian Egli
From: Christian Egli @ 2013-04-29 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all

The Taskjuggler Exporter has seen some major updates. We finally have a
nice out-of-the-box experience with tj3, so please give it a spin.

What's new? Thanks to Nicolas Goaziou the exporter has been ported to
the new export engine. On top of that I added some features that have
been requested and there are some pending issues that I'd like to get
fixed, see below:

Changes
═══════

Process and open
────────────────

  Previously the exporter just exported a tjp file (at least for tj3).
  Now there is a new command to process the exported tjp file with tj3
  and open the reports in a browser.

Dependency resolution against plain IDs
───────────────────────────────────────

  There was some discussion on the list about dependency resolution. A
  good way to express dependencies is to use the org-id module. This is
  now supported in that it resolves dependencies not only against
  "task_id" but also against the "ID" of a task.

Default reports can use document title
──────────────────────────────────────

  John Hendy proposed to create a possibility to integrate the document
  title in the default reports. This is now possible by specifying a
  %title in the default reports. See the doc string of
  `org-taskjuggler-default-reports'.

Use both scheduled and start to determine project start
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────

  John Hendy again reported an problem that the project start was not
  using the scheduled info. This is now fixed.

Misc bug fixes
──────────────

  Nicolas Goaziou fixed a number of bugs and typos in the code.

Pending
═══════

Change mapping of DEADLINE property
───────────────────────────────────

  The DEADLINE property is currently mapped to the "end" attribute in
  the tjp export. The "end" attribute gives tj3 an indication as to when
  a task should end. Also it has some influence on the scheduling policy
  (ALAP) which might not be what the user expects. IMHO this is not
  exactly the semantics of the DEADLINE property. A better fit would be
  the "maxend" attribute. For that reason I'd like to propose a backward
  incompatible change to map the DEADLINE property to the "maxend"
  attribute.

Patch by Baptiste
─────────────────

  This patch fixes some problems with milestones. However it depends on
  above change.

Add the text nodes as a note
────────────────────────────

  It would make sense to export the text content of a headline as a tj3
  "note". The new export engine should make this possible.

--
Christian Egli

* Re: Org-mode and Taskjuggler
@ 2013-07-14  1:13 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2013-07-14  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Just wanted to post and update that I finally put some more work into
the Taskjuggler (tj3) documentation on Worg. Still haven't migrated
over the export file, but added more about the available settings,
pointed to some helpful tj3 documentation, and mapping tj3 syntax to
Org property syntax.

I was planning to use a simple home renovation project (which I am
undergoing, hence my massive delays in contributing) as an example to
walkthrough basic steps and task attributes.

I can still create a tj3 compatible version of the official
Taskjuggler tutorial in Org-mode format (or probably just modify the
TJ v2.4.3 one that's used at the other Taskjuggler worg tutorial) as a
more full capability example.

Lastly, unless the default report definition is done, I'll include a
reports.tji file with the default Taskjuggler report definition from
their tutorial example as well.

Feedback is welcome based on how the above sounds.

- http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/taskjuggler/ox-taskjuggler.html

I noticed that this isn't seeming to be indexed by google. I moved it
from the following location probably 2-3 months ago, but when I search
"orgmode taskjuggler tj3," only the previous location comes up as a
search results:

- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-taskjuggler3.html

Is the dir structure too deep to get indexed?

John