Christof Spitz writes: > #+TITLE: SUBJEKT > #+AUTHOR: Christof > #+OPTIONS: H:4 > > * Headline 1 > > ** Sub 1.1 > ** Sub 1.2 > > * Headline 2 > > ** Sub 2.1 > ** Sub 2.2 > > Branch "Headline 2" should be place to the left of the central SUBJECT > in Freemind. It is getting placed rightly. Here is the screenshot of what I get (with no additional customizations at my end). I use freeplane, btw. As for styles, you need to customize your styles in Freemind exporter and move over the XML to ox-freemind.el. If you have a specific question wrt style, I can help. But I need to be convinced that you are using the right exporter i.e., no installation issues etc etc etc.