Dima Kogan writes: > Suppose I have this .org file: > > | | > #+TBLFM: @1$2=5 > > It's a 1x1 table with a formula. The formula sets a cell that's out of > bounds in the table, so evaluating this formula results in an error. How > set-in-stone is this behavior? I haven't dug too deeply into the code, > but are there fundamental assumptions here? Would a patch that extends > the table before applying such a formula be too naive in some way? Here's a tiny patch that adds the columns (not rows) as needed. Is this reasonable?