* Emulating list functionality from traditional GUI editors
@ 2014-12-11 17:05 Calvin Young
From: Calvin Young @ 2014-12-11 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I've been using org-mode for a while now, and it's been life-changing in
terms of how I keep organized. However, there's still one thing I miss from
traditional note-taking apps when working with lists. Specifically, I'd
like to enable the following behavior:

   - If the cursor is at the end of a list item, then "Return" should
   insert a new list item (i.e., automatically perform org-meta-return)
   - If the cursor is at the beginning of an empty list item, then "Return"
   should outdent the list item (or remove it if it's already at the
   outer-most indentation level)
   - If the cursor is at the beginning of an empty list item, then
   "Backspace" should delete the list item and move my cursor to the end of
   the previous list item
   - It'd be nice of these rules could be applied to checkboxes as well

What I'm describing is really just the default behavior around bulleted /
numbered lists in other GUI editors (e.g., Google Docs, Gmail, OSX Notes,
etc.). Are there options built in to org-mode that'd let me enable this?

Best,
Calvin

* Emulating list functionality from traditional GUI editors
@ 2014-12-11  8:14 Calvin Young
From: Calvin Young @ 2014-12-11  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode