* problem in orgtbl-to-latex  math (Tabular)
@ 2016-03-24  8:47 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2016-03-24  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello

Take the following radio table in a latex file

% BEGIN RECEIVE ORGTBL test
% END RECEIVE ORGTBL test
\begin{comment}
#+ORGTBL: SEND test orgtbl-to-latex  :lend "\\\\ \\hline" :environment tabular
|/|<>|
| |  |
| | $\int$
\end{comment}

This is expanded to

% BEGIN RECEIVE ORGTBL test
\begin{tabular}{|l|}
\\ \hline
\int\\ \hline
\end{tabular}
% END RECEIVE ORGTBL test
\begin{comment}
#+ORGTBL: SEND test orgtbl-to-latex  :lend "\\\\ \\hline" :environment tabular
| / | <>  |
|   |     |
|   | $\int$ |
\end{comment}

Which is incorrect.

Strangely enough if I take that table in an org buffer and export it to
latex, then the math gets sourounded by \( \) as it should, but
org-radio-table fails.
What can I do? (You might point out that I should have used a matrix and
not used $ in the table, that is correct but does not help me here.

Uwe Brauer

* Re: problem in orgtbl-to-latex  math (Tabular)
@ 2016-03-24 13:01 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-03-24 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Take the following radio table in a latex file
>
> % BEGIN RECEIVE ORGTBL test
> % END RECEIVE ORGTBL test
> \begin{comment}
> #+ORGTBL: SEND test orgtbl-to-latex  :lend "\\\\ \\hline" :environment tabular
> |/|<>|
> | |  |
> | | $\int$
> \end{comment}
>

> This is expanded to
>
> % BEGIN RECEIVE ORGTBL test
> \begin{tabular}{|l|}
> \\ \hline
> \int\\ \hline
> \end{tabular}
> % END RECEIVE ORGTBL test
> \begin{comment}
> #+ORGTBL: SEND test orgtbl-to-latex  :lend "\\\\ \\hline" :environment tabular
> | / | <>  |
> |   |     |
> |   | $\int$ |
> \end{comment}
>
> Which is incorrect.

Fixed. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: problem in orgtbl-to-latex math (Tabular)
@ 2016-03-24 13:17   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2016-03-24 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 03/24/2016 01:01 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>
>> Take the following radio table in a latex file
>>
>> % BEGIN RECEIVE ORGTBL test
>> % END RECEIVE ORGTBL test
>> \begin{comment}
>> #+ORGTBL: SEND test orgtbl-to-latex  :lend "\\\\ \\hline" :environment tabular
>> |/|<>|
>> | |  |
>> \end{comment}
>>

> Fixed. Thank you.

thank you, when will this fix be in ELPA? if it takes long, could you
send me the patch?

regards

Uwe

@ 2016-03-24 14:41     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2016-03-24 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> On 03/24/2016 01:01 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>>
>>> Take the following radio table in a latex file
>>>
>>> % BEGIN RECEIVE ORGTBL test
>>> % END RECEIVE ORGTBL test
>>> \begin{comment}
>>> #+ORGTBL: SEND test orgtbl-to-latex  :lend "\\\\ \\hline" :environment tabular
>>> |/|<>|
>>> | |  |
>>> \end{comment}
>>>

>> Fixed. Thank you.
>
> thank you, when will this fix be in ELPA? if it takes long, could you
> send me the patch?

Nicolas committed it to the maint branch (and merged it to master), so
it should be in next Monday's ELPA release.

--
Nick