* Bug: exclude symlinked directory from publishing [9.1.6 (9.1.6-57-gec8590-elpa @ /home/michel/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180219/)]
@ 2018-03-06  8:21 Michel Damiens
From: Michel Damiens @ 2018-03-06  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

When publishing (with org-publish) I'd like to exclude a subdirectory :
in fact it is a symlink (named lib) to a directory outside of the tree to be
published

For example with this tree :
/media/DATA/
    lib --> other directory
    other pdf files

in org-publish-project-alist I tried
:exclude "lib$"
or :exclude ".*lib/.*"

org-publish-attachment correctly treats "other pdf files"
but also publish all pdf files contained in "other directory"

Thanks for your help

* Re: Bug: exclude symlinked directory from publishing [9.1.6 (9.1.6-57-gec8590-elpa @ /home/michel/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180219/)]
@ 2018-03-11 22:09 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-03-11 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michel Damiens; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Michel Damiens <michel.damiens@gmail.com> writes:

> When publishing (with org-publish) I'd like to exclude a subdirectory :
> in fact it is a symlink (named lib) to a directory outside of the tree to be
> published
>
> For example with this tree :
> /media/DATA/
>     lib --> other directory
>     other pdf files
>
> in org-publish-project-alist I tried
> :exclude "lib$"

This cannot work, as the regexp is matched against a file name, not
a directory.

> or :exclude ".*lib/.*"

This one works.

I cannot reproduce your issue.