On Tuesday, 12 Jun 2018 at 12:23, Gerald Wildgruber wrote: > Hi Eric, > > thanks for the input: indeed, I always use at least five windows (on a > 40" display), as this setup displays simultanously almost 60Kb of text, > an entire papaer, which is excellent! That's a lot of text so maybe it's really not surprising maybe that there is a lag. What happens if you edit the same file in text-mode? > Elsewise: do you see any reason or issue with both modes enabled that > could lead to such behavior: it would seem that emacs tries to > calculate something with every new keystroke, that involves all text > before point. Maybe font-lock and org-indent may impact on this? I also find that the presence of tables often slows org down although it's difficult to quantify the actual impact. -- Eric S Fraga via Emacs 25.2.2, Org release_9.1.13-791-g842002