* How to change the width of a latex exported inlinetask?
@ 2019-10-30 14:21 Alain.Cochard
From: Alain.Cochard @ 2019-10-30 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello.

By default, the width of LaTeX exported inlinetasks is less than that
of regular text.

I would like to be able to change this default, ideally both on a
per-file basis and a per-inlinetask basis (but either way would
already very good!).

Despite some Internet searching, I could not find a way. I am aware of
org-latex-format-inlinetask-function, but I don't know how to use
it...

Thank you for any help.
Regards,
alain

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
IPG (Institut de Physique du Globe) | alain.cochard@unistra.fr

* Re: How to change the width of a latex exported inlinetask?
@ 2019-10-30 14:55 ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2019-10-30 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Wednesday, 30 Oct 2019 at 15:21, Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr wrote:
> Hello.
>
> By default, the width of LaTeX exported inlinetasks is less than that
> of regular text.
>
> I would like to be able to change this default, ideally both on a
> per-file basis and a per-inlinetask basis (but either way would
> already very good!).
>
> Despite some Internet searching, I could not find a way. I am aware of
> org-latex-format-inlinetask-function, but I don't know how to use
> it...

I have the following which, although it does not do what you want, it
may give you some pointers:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defun org-latex-format-inlinetask (todo type priority name tags contents info)
    "Format an inline task element for LaTeX export."
    (let ((theinlinetask (concat todo " " name "\n\n\\noindent " contents)))
      (if (and todo (not (equal todo "NOTE")))
          (format "\\footnote{%s}\\marginpar{\\fbox{\\tiny\\thefootnote. %s}}" theinlinetask todo)
        (format "\\hl{%s}" contents))))
  (setq org-latex-format-inlinetask-function 'org-latex-format-inlinetask)
#+end_src

You can trim this down and replace the \\hl{%s} with, for instance, an
mdframed environment which allows you to control the width easily.

I will add that, for a number of reasons including advice from this
list, I have moved away from inline tasks almost completely and now use
drawers instead.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.6-552-g8c5a78

* Re: How to change the width of a latex exported inlinetask?
@ 2019-11-01 22:48   ` Alain.Cochard
From: Alain.Cochard @ 2019-11-01 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fraga, Eric; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr

Fraga, Eric writes on Wed 30 Oct 2019 14:55:

 > > By default, the width of LaTeX exported inlinetasks is less than
 > > that of regular text.
 > >
 > > I would like to be able to change this default, ideally both on a
 > > per-file basis and a per-inlinetask basis (but either way would
 > > already be very good!).

 > I have the following which, although it does not do what you want, it
 > may give you some pointers:
 >
 > #+begin_src emacs-lisp
 >   (defun org-latex-format-inlinetask (todo type priority name tags contents info)
 >     "Format an inline task element for LaTeX export."
 >     (let ((theinlinetask (concat todo " " name "\n\n\\noindent " contents)))
 >       (if (and todo (not (equal todo "NOTE")))
 >           (format "\\footnote{%s}\\marginpar{\\fbox{\\tiny\\thefootnote. %s}}" theinlinetask todo)
 >         (format "\\hl{%s}" contents))))
 >   (setq org-latex-format-inlinetask-function 'org-latex-format-inlinetask)
 > #+end_src
 >
 > You can trim this down and replace the \\hl{%s} with, for instance, an
 > mdframed environment which allows you to control the width easily.

I have succeeded, following exactly what you suggested.  Thank you
very much.

(It also fixes the problem that standard inlinetasks don't seem to
span over multiple pages...)

--

@ 2019-11-02 10:34     ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2019-11-02 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Friday,  1 Nov 2019 at 23:48, Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr wrote:
> I have succeeded, following exactly what you suggested.  Thank you
> very much.

Excellent.  You're very welcome.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.6-552-g8c5a78