* Wholesale changes to LaTeX headers
@ 2019-12-31 15:42 Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 2019-12-31 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I want to make wholesale changes to the LaTeX preamble exported from
Org mode. I want to put \RequirePackage and \PassOptionsToPackage
calls before the \documentclass, I want to write a specific set of
macros after the \documentclass, I want to craft a couple of
\renewcommands, etc.

Where should I begin?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | The stone fell on the pitcher? Woe to
http://nwalsh.com/            | the pitcher. The pitcher fell on the
                              | stone? Woe to the pitcher.--Rabbinic
                              | Saying

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Wholesale changes to LaTeX headers
@ 2019-12-31 18:55 ` Berry, Charles
From: Berry, Charles @ 2019-12-31 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Norman Walsh; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> On Dec 31, 2019, at 7:42 AM, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I want to make wholesale changes to the LaTeX preamble exported from
> Org mode. I want to put \RequirePackage and \PassOptionsToPackage
> calls before the \documentclass, I want to write a specific set of
> macros after the \documentclass, I want to craft a couple of
> \renewcommands, etc.
>
> Where should I begin?

Execute this src block:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results none
(info "(org) LaTeX header and sectioning")
(describe-variable 'org-latex-classes)
#+end_src

Browse the *info* buffer and study the *Help* buffer.

Then type

`M-x customize-variable RET org-latex-classes RET`

and add your custom class or modify an existing class to your liking.

HTH,

Chuck

* Re: Wholesale changes to LaTeX headers
@ 2019-12-31 19:18 ` Tim Cross
From: Tim Cross @ 2019-12-31 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

If you want these changes globally, I would start with the
org-latex-classes variable. There is a lot you can do by tweaking the
values in this variable. I found the documentation to be good, but dense
(i.e. a lot to it, needing a git to digest fully). The docs for that
variable will also point you to other variables you can tweak to do what
you want.

If you just want to tweak for specific files, #+LATEX_HEADER and
#+LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA might be sufficient. I find these a good place to
experiment with different settings. If they prove more widely useful, I
will transfer/translate them into the other org-latex variables.

Finally, doing an M-x apropos for org-latex-.* will likely bring up some
additional variables which my be of interest/use.

Tim

> Hi,
>
> I want to make wholesale changes to the LaTeX preamble exported from
> Org mode. I want to put \RequirePackage and \PassOptionsToPackage
> calls before the \documentclass, I want to write a specific set of
> macros after the \documentclass, I want to craft a couple of
> \renewcommands, etc.
>
> Where should I begin?

Tim Cross