Ihor Radchenko writes: > As I remember, last time I played with multi-line agenda > entries, there > were issues with org-agenda-next/previous-item. You may consider > checking if your patch breaks those. Thanks for the heads up, Ihor. The patch itself shouldn't break anything and is completely optional behavior, though the example I gave in the docstring does. I ended up faking the newline with the display text-property: (defun +org-habit-graph-on-own-line (graph) "Place org habit consitency graph below the habit." (add-text-properties (line-beginning-position) (line-end-position) `(display ,(concat (when-let ((icon (car (org-agenda-get-category-icon (org-agenda-get-category))))) (format " %s " icon)) (string-trim-left (thing-at-point 'line)) (make-string (or org-habit-graph-column 0) ? ) (propertize graph 'display '(height (+ 1))))))) This works well for me so far. I've revised the docstring attachment in the attached patch.