* Cycling through TODO workflow joins the next line onto the current one
@ 2020-09-20  6:37 Krishan Kharagjitsing
From: Krishan Kharagjitsing @ 2020-09-20  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello, I found the following weird behaviour. I first reported it to the
spacemacs github (https://github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs/issues/13901) but
they confirmed that it is an upstream bug.

When I set some tasks to DONE and fold the headings with TAB, then when I
cycle back from DONE to TODO it joins the next line with the current one.

[image: org_mode_bug]
<https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/22841170/91837051-ed877000-ec4b-11ea-9698-151288dcc853.gif>
Reproduction guide

   - Make two TODO headings in org mode
   - Cycle both TODO items to DONE
   - Fold the headings (so the dots appear, because the timestamp gets
   folded with the heading)
   - Cycle the first DONE heading

*Observed behaviour:*
The next line gets joined on the current one.

*Expected behaviour:*
No joining of lines.
System Info

   - OS: gnu/linux (WSL2, connected via X410 to Windows)
   - Emacs: 28.0.50 (also tested it on 26.1, same behaviour observed)
   - Graphic display: t
   - Editing style: vim
   - Completion: helm
   - Layers:

(helm auto-completion emacs-lisp org themes-megapack treemacs)

   - System configuration features: XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND
   GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2
   FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE
   XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER LCMS2