emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* A callygraphy notebook environment
@ 2022-01-30 12:32 Juan Manuel Macías
  2022-01-30 20:37 ` Uwe Brauer
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2022-01-30 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 785 bytes --]

Hi all,

This is more related to LaTeX than Org, but I'm sharing it here in case
anyone is interested. For a work I'm doing I've written a LaTeX
environment that tries to mimic the look of a calligraphy notebook. By
default it uses the qtmerryscript font, included in TeX live, but this
can be changed to any other calligraphic-style font. It works only with
LuaTeX, since it uses a function in Lua to add the grids.

An screenshots:

https://i.imgur.com/tgrgaWM.png

https://i.imgur.com/AIolze2.png

https://i.imgur.com/v2Mzyx5.png

To use it in Org, a special block would be ideal. For example:

#+ATTR_LaTeX: :options [fontfeature={Color=pen},fontsize=\large]
#+begin_mynotebook
Some text...
#+end_mynotebook

I am attaching an Org document to test it.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel


[-- Attachment #2: notebook.org --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.lotus-organizer, Size: 3824 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: A callygraphy notebook environment
  2022-01-30 12:32 A callygraphy notebook environment Juan Manuel Macías
@ 2022-01-30 20:37 ` Uwe Brauer
  2022-01-30 21:23   ` Juan Manuel Macías
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-01-30 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1037 bytes --]

>>> "JMM" == Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> writes:
Hi Juan
> Hi all,

> This is more related to LaTeX than Org, but I'm sharing it here in case
> anyone is interested. For a work I'm doing I've written a LaTeX
> environment that tries to mimic the look of a calligraphy notebook. By
> default it uses the qtmerryscript font, included in TeX live, but this
> can be changed to any other calligraphic-style font. It works only with
> LuaTeX, since it uses a function in Lua to add the grids.

> An screenshots:

> https://i.imgur.com/tgrgaWM.png

> https://i.imgur.com/AIolze2.png

> https://i.imgur.com/v2Mzyx5.png

Interesting I like them all. I converted your org file to latex and run
it with lualatex but the font used there does not correspond to all the
three screenshots.

Now I am not really acquainted with lualatex but with xelatex, I
converted QTMerryScript.otf to ttf and run it with xelatex. Nice. 

What are the other otf fonts you are using for these screenshots?

Thanks

Uwe

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]
[-- Type: application/pkcs7-signature, Size: 5673 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: A callygraphy notebook environment
  2022-01-30 20:37 ` Uwe Brauer
@ 2022-01-30 21:23   ` Juan Manuel Macías
  2022-01-31 13:55     ` Uwe Brauer
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2022-01-30 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: orgmode

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for testing the document.

Uwe Brauer writes:

> Interesting I like them all. I converted your org file to latex and run
> it with lualatex but the font used there does not correspond to all the
> three screenshots.

The default font for the environment 'mynotebook" is qtmerryscript
(shown in the third screenshot, if I remember correctly). I chose that
one because it is included in TeX live 2021.

> Now I am not really acquainted with lualatex but with xelatex, I
> converted QTMerryScript.otf to ttf and run it with xelatex. Nice.

But with XelaTeX the 'mynotebook' environment will not work, since it uses
a function in Lua to generate the grids in a notebook way.

> What are the other otf fonts you are using for these screenshots?

The document itself includes some links to download the other typefaces. Look
in the non-exportable section, named 'Conf', where it says "The different options
for the environment...". Anyway, I paste it here too:

- Vladimir Script :: https://fontzone.net/font-details/vladimir-script
- Anke Calligraphic :: https://fontzone.net/font-details/anke-calligraphic-fg
- Studio Script :: https://fontzone.net/download/studioscriptctt

(The third font was not in the screenshots).

Best regards,

Juan Manuel 



^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: A callygraphy notebook environment
  2022-01-30 21:23   ` Juan Manuel Macías
@ 2022-01-31 13:55     ` Uwe Brauer
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-01-31 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1432 bytes --]

>>> "JMM" == Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> writes:

> Hi Uwe,
> Thanks for testing the document.

> Uwe Brauer writes:

>> Interesting I like them all. I converted your org file to latex and run
>> it with lualatex but the font used there does not correspond to all the
>> three screenshots.

> The default font for the environment 'mynotebook" is qtmerryscript
> (shown in the third screenshot, if I remember correctly). I chose that
> one because it is included in TeX live 2021.

>> Now I am not really acquainted with lualatex but with xelatex, I
>> converted QTMerryScript.otf to ttf and run it with xelatex. Nice.

> But with XelaTeX the 'mynotebook' environment will not work, since it uses
> a function in Lua to generate the grids in a notebook way.

Right. That is true, at some point I have to learn lualatex, I am
afraid..

>> What are the other otf fonts you are using for these screenshots?

> The document itself includes some links to download the other typefaces. Look
> in the non-exportable section, named 'Conf', where it says "The different options
> for the environment...". Anyway, I paste it here too:

> - Vladimir Script :: https://fontzone.net/font-details/vladimir-script
> - Anke Calligraphic :: https://fontzone.net/font-details/anke-calligraphic-fg
> - Studio Script :: https://fontzone.net/download/studioscriptctt

Thanks, that was helpful.

Uwe 

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]
[-- Type: application/pkcs7-signature, Size: 5673 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2022-01-31 15:24 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2022-01-30 12:32 A callygraphy notebook environment Juan Manuel Macías
2022-01-30 20:37 ` Uwe Brauer
2022-01-30 21:23   ` Juan Manuel Macías
2022-01-31 13:55     ` Uwe Brauer

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).