* Request To Contribute To 'Worg' Project
@ 2022-01-09 17:23 Samuel Banya
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Samuel Banya @ 2022-01-09 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Berry

Hey there,

Long time Emacs Org Mode user here, and think its the best thing I've ever used. Helped me in my multiple tech support jobs, and think its wonderful.

I wanted to see if there is anything I could contribute to for this project.

I read this page, and noted that you have to request access for this repo:
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg

After the approval process is completed, can anyone point me to "How" exactly contributions are made?

Are they done through 'patch' based emails sent through to the mailing list itself?

Or are they done directly through git pushes?

I ask because I'm pretty much a hobbyist with projects, so I wanted to make sure I went through the required process in this scenario.

Thanks again, hope everyone is doing well :)

Sincerely,

Samuel Banya

* Re: Request To Contribute To 'Worg' Project
@ 2022-01-09 18:25 ` Timothy
From: Timothy @ 2022-01-09 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Banya; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Samuel,

Great to hear from you!

Worg is a great place to improve the community documentation/guides of Org.

If you’d like access, have a look at <https://orgmode.org/worg/worg-about.html>
“Who can participate in the editing of Worg?”. The short version is you need to
create a sourcehut account and ask Bastien to be added as a contributer :)

If you’d like to contribute to Org “directly”, check out
<https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html>.

All the best,
Timothy

* Re: Request To Contribute To 'Worg' Project
@ 2022-01-09 18:33 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2022-01-09 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Aloha Samuel,

Samuel Banya <sbanya@fastmail.com> writes:

> I read this page, and noted that you have to request access for
> this repo:
> https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg
>
> After the approval process is completed, can anyone point me to
> "How" exactly contributions are made?
>
> Are they done through 'patch' based emails sent through to the
> mailing list itself?
>
> Or are they done directly through git pushes?

You contribute with git pushes.

Thanks for our interest in Worg.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
https://tsdye.online/tsdye

* Re: Request To Contribute To 'Worg' Project
@ 2022-01-09 18:47   ` Samuel Banya
From: Samuel Banya @ 2022-01-09 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Timothy; +Cc: Charles Berry

Hey Timothy!

I made a Sourcehut account with 'samuelbanya' already, forgot to mention that in my previous post.

I'm guessing in that case, I would have to wait for Bastien then to approve this via this email thread, or should I make a different request email?

Thanks,

Sam

@ 2022-01-16 16:03     ` Samuel Banya
From: Samuel Banya @ 2022-01-16 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Berry

Hey there,

I got the Sourcehut invitation, but wanted to know, what else do I do from this point?

Am I still waiting on Bastien to approve my contributions going forward?

Just wanted to make sure I'm doing everyone on my end :)

Thanks,

Sam

@ 2022-01-16 16:08       ` Timothy
From: Timothy @ 2022-01-16 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Banya; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Samuel,

If you’ve been invited to the worg repo, you can just push to in 🙂. It’s
basically intended as a community wiki. There isn’t an explicit approval process
like there is with contributions to the org-mode codebase.

All the best,
Timothy

* Re: Request To Contribute To 'Worg' Project
@ 2022-01-16 17:04         ` Samuel Banya
From: Samuel Banya @ 2022-01-16 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Timothy; +Cc: Charles Berry

Hey Timothy,

I logged into my "Sourcehut" account but don't see the 'Worg' repo present.

I checked my email but don't see the invite for the 'Worg' repo.

Can you lead me in the right direction? I ask because I haven't used this platform before.

Thanks,

Sam

@ 2022-01-16 17:09           ` Timothy
From: Timothy @ 2022-01-16 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Banya; +Cc: Charles Berry

Hi Samuel,

> I got the Sourcehut invitation, but wanted to know, what else do I do from this point?

I assumed you meant you’d heard from Bastien and he’d invited you to the worg
repo. If that isn’t the case, then that would be the stumbling block.
Unfortunately, I haven’t seen much of Bastien on the Org ML as of late, so I’m
not sure how soon you’d hear back from him.

All the best,
Timothy

* Re: Request To Contribute To 'Worg' Project
@ 2022-02-26  9:22 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2022-02-26  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Banya; +Cc: Charles Berry

Hi Samuel,

"Samuel Banya" <sbanya@fastmail.com> writes:

> I read this page, and noted that you have to request access for this
> repo:
> https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg

Sorry for the late answer, I added you as a worg contributor.

You can clone with

~$ git clone git@git.sr.ht:~bzg/worg

and push changes.

Thanks for contributing!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Request To Contribute To 'Worg' Project
@ 2022-02-26  9:23     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2022-02-26  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Banya; +Cc: Charles Berry, Timothy

"Samuel Banya" <sbanya@fastmail.com> writes:

> I'm guessing in that case, I would have to wait for Bastien then to
> approve this via this email thread, or should I make a different
> request email?

PS: Maybe the instructions should be clearer: it's more effective to
send me a private email than to write on the list when requesting
access.

--
 Bastien