From: Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>
To: c.buhtz@posteo.jp
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Multiline list entries / Is auto-fill-mode in org(roam) usual?
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 01:54:16 +1000	[thread overview]

c.buhtz@posteo.jp writes:

> Am 04.04.2022 09:16 schrieb c.buhtz@posteo.jp:
>> Am 04.04.2022 06:06 schrieb Ihor Radchenko:
>>> A list item continues until
>>> there are _2_ blank lines or until the subsequent line is not indented  >=
>>> current list item indentation:
>> Intereseting. What 2 lines not 1 like in paragraphs. Am I right to say
>> that a paragraph ends with one blank line?
>
> Sorry, this was misunderstanding.
>
> I would like to know why does a list need 2 blank lines instead of 1? For what
> reason exists this rule?

Main reason is because you might want a list item which consists of
multiple paragraphs. A possible alternative would be to require that
lists are indented and flag a list item has ended either by a new list
item marker or by text which is no longer indented. However, not
everyone wants to be forced to indent their lists and like to have the
list item start in the '0' column so we need some other way to mark the
end and 2 blank lines seems a reasonable compromise.
.