* Missing from Info
@ 2022-06-21  6:33 Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2022-06-21  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

The latest org-mode info has a section entitled: "13.10.2 LaTeX specific
export settings". At the foot of that Section is the line: "The
following sections have further details." There is nothing following.

Best wishes,

* Re: Missing from Info
@ 2022-06-21 12:17 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-06-21 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: m43cap; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> The latest org-mode info has a section entitled: "13.10.2 LaTeX specific
> export settings". At the foot of that Section is the line: "The
> following sections have further details." There is nothing following.

I do have section 13.10.3 and the subsequent sections on my side.
Could you please check the location of your info file by running
M-: default-directory <RET> when inside the info buffer and sharing the
output?

Best,
Ihor

* Re: Missing from Info
@ 2022-06-21 16:53   ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2022-06-21 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

    > Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:
    >> The latest org-mode info has a section entitled: "13.10.2 LaTeX
    >> specific export settings". At the foot of that Section is the
    >> line: "The following sections have further details." There is
    >> nothing following.

    > I do have section 13.10.3 and the subsequent sections on my side.
    > Could you please check the location of your info file by running
    > M-: default-directory <RET> when inside the info buffer and
    > sharing the output?

    > Best, Ihor

M-: produces "/home/<user>/git/org-mode/doc/"

Is it not that the org version has indeed further sections beneath, but
these are not visible on the single info page?

Best wishes,

* Re: Missing from Info
@ 2022-06-23 13:29     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-06-23 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: m43cap; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> M-: produces "/home/<user>/git/org-mode/doc/"
>
> Is it not that the org version has indeed further sections beneath, but
> these are not visible on the single info page?

I feel that I am confused.
Can you elaborate what exactly you expected and what you see instead?

Best,
Ihor

* Re: Missing from Info
@ 2022-06-23 14:31       ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2022-06-23 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

    > Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:
    >> M-: produces "/home/<user>/git/org-mode/doc/"
    >>
    >> Is it not that the org version has indeed further sections
    >> beneath, but these are not visible on the single info page?

    > I feel that I am confused.  Can you elaborate what exactly you
    > expected and what you see instead?

    > Best, Ihor

I've attached two emacs screenshots: (1) org.png and (2) info.png,
showing the appropriate line in org-manual.org and info.info
respectively.

In (1), beneath the line "The following sections have further details."
there are indeed further headings (in green) which I assume contain the
"further details". In (2) there is nothing beneath line "The following
sections ..." You have to go up the page and click on "Next: LaTeX
heading and sectioning". In org-manual.org, the further details are
immediately beneath the line but not in org.info.

I think that this potentially confusing to someone unfamiliar in the
format of an info file. I had thought of suggesting the line be changed
to "The next sections have further details." That suggestion however is
no better that what is in place already.

Best wishes,

[-- Attachment #2: (1) org-manual.org --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 118821 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: (2) info.org --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 102551 bytes --]

* Re: Missing from Info
@ 2022-06-23 14:39         ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-06-23 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: m43cap; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> I think that this potentially confusing to someone unfamiliar in the
> format of an info file. I had thought of suggesting the line be changed
> to "The next sections have further details." That suggestion however is
> no better that what is in place already.

I do not see much improvement using your variant as well.
Also, note that, for example, Elisp manual is full of constructs like
what we are discussing.

Best,
Ihor

* Re: Missing from Info
@ 2022-06-23 15:27           ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2022-06-23 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

    > Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:
    >> I think that this potentially confusing to someone unfamiliar in
    >> the format of an info file. I had thought of suggesting the line
    >> be changed to "The next sections have further details." That
    >> suggestion however is no better that what is in place already.

    > I do not see much improvement using your variant as well.  Also,
    > note that, for example, Elisp manual is full of constructs like
    > what we are discussing.

The line could be removed?

Best wishes,

* Re: Missing from Info
@ 2022-06-25  5:34             ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-06-25  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: m43cap; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

>     > I do not see much improvement using your variant as well.  Also,
>     > note that, for example, Elisp manual is full of constructs like
>     > what we are discussing.
>
> The line could be removed?

Then we will lose an important information.
I personally do not find the line confusing and I do see similar
terminology being used in other manuals.
So, unless other users also find this line confusing, I do not see any
reason to change the existing wording.

Best,
Ihor