* double digit list entries malformatted header
@ 2022-08-19  5:15 Rob Sargent
From: Rob Sargent @ 2022-08-19  5:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OrgMode

Emacs 27.2, Org 9.4.4, Windows 10

When I have a list of ** headings with more than nine entries on export
to ODT the tenth and subsequent are broken: The first letter of the
heading is fully to the right hand margin and the remainder is on the
next line.  There's no problem with latex/pdf nor htlm output.

* Re: double digit list entries malformatted header
@ 2022-08-20 11:54 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-08-20 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Sargent; +Cc: OrgMode

Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> writes:

> Emacs 27.2, Org 9.4.4, Windows 10
>
> When I have a list of ** headings with more than nine entries on export
> to ODT the tenth and subsequent are broken: The first letter of the
> heading is fully to the right hand margin and the remainder is on the
> next line.  There's no problem with latex/pdf nor htlm output.

Could you please provide an example Org file to demonstrate the problem?
See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: double digit list entries malformatted header
@ 2022-08-20 16:05   ` Rob Sargent
From: Rob Sargent @ 2022-08-20 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: OrgMode

On 8/20/22 05:54, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> Rob Sargent<robjsargent@gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> Emacs 27.2, Org 9.4.4, Windows 10
>>
>> When I have a list of ** headings with more than nine entries on export
>> to ODT the tenth and subsequent are broken: The first letter of the
>> heading is fully to the right hand margin and the remainder is on the
>> next line.  There's no problem with latex/pdf nor htlm output.
> Could you please provide an example Org file to demonstrate the problem?
> Seehttps://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html

Works on LibreOffice(7.3)/Ubuntu(22.04), not on Word(2016)/Windows10

[-- Attachment #2: t.org --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.lotus-organizer, Size: 2889 bytes --]

* Re: double digit list entries malformatted header
@ 2022-08-21  0:11     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-08-21  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Sargent; +Cc: OrgMode

Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> writes:

> Works on LibreOffice(7.3)/Ubuntu(22.04), not on Word(2016)/Windows10

I was able to export the attached file and open it without noticeable
issues using LibreOffice.

If LibreOffice can open the generated document just fine, it is likely
the limitation of Microsoft Word not being able to open odt file
properly. Given the proprietary nature of Microsoft Word, finding the
reasons why Word cannot open the valid odt file is hard.

I suggest opening the file using LibreOffice on Windows. If you cannot
install LibreOffice on your Windows machine, try converting org file or
the odt file to docx using Pandoc.