Ihor Radchenko writes: > No Wayman writes: > >> Ihor Radchenko writes: >> >>> What we should not have is "make autoloads" failing without >>> internet. >> >> The attached patch should take care of that. >> If the ls-remote errors, GITVERSION will be set to N/A as when >> it >> is generally unavailable. > > I just tried your patch running make without internet. I got the > following Org version: > > Subject: [BUG] test [9.6.1 ( @ /tmp/org-mode/lisp/)] > > As you can see, the last commit number is not listed even though > I can > see it via git log. The attached patch should take care of that.