Ihor Radchenko writes: >> The only additional consideration is that compare function should be >> configurable. If a user access same files from Linux and macOS then it >> may be really annoying to get different order of entries in agenda. For >> most of Linux users it is better to use more smart >> `string-collate-lessp'. Some care is required to sort entries obtained >> from multiple buffers in predictable environment (locale, case >> conversion table). > > I agree. We can introduce a new customization - > `org-string-sort-function' that will be used across Org mode to sort > user text. See the attached tentative patch. I added a customization, made everything in Org obey it, and provided some default options for MacOS users.