From: Bastien <bzg@altern.org>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: File specific exporting of tags
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 00:23:38 +0000	[thread overview]

"Daniel J. Sinder" <djsinder@gmail.com> writes:

>> Can you try to adapt the relevant text in org.texi (in the distribution
>> of org-mode) and produce a patch. This would certainly help a lot to get
>> your "problem" fixed.
>
> I do appreciate that providing a patch is a better solution than
> providing information leading to the patch.

Both relevant suggestions and patches are useful.  Most of the times a
suggestion will be enough, if it is relevant and accurate (as yours was)
Sometimes patches will be okay but, as Carsten told me, Org manual is in
constant move under his fingers, so don't spend too much time on trying
to edit it and send the *perfect patch* :)

> Yes, I'd greatly appreciate help.  Some example commands would at
> least make it more likely that producing the patch myself wouldn't
> stagnate due to my perception of the time it would take me to figure
> out how to do it.

Since you're using Emacs, the easiest way to make a patch is this:

- keep the original copy of org.texi somewhere (version A)
- copy it into a working directory (version B)
- edit version B
- in dired, hit `=' on version B
- enter version A at the prompt
- go to the newly opened window containing the diff
- save the diff buffer into something like "org_yourname.texi.patch"
- send it to the list/Carsten

You're done.

HTH,

--