From: Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca>
To: Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: repeating timestamp question
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:02:17 -0400	[thread overview]

Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> Whats the diff between
>
> *** TODO Pay Rent
>      SCHEDULED: <2009-04-01 Fri +1m>

This shows up on April 1 and everyday after that until you mark it done
(which reschedules it for May 1).  If it's late it shows up on the
agenda with something like

  todo:       Sched. 2x:  TODO Test Task to be done

> and
>
> *** TODO Pay Rent
>      <2009-04-01 Fri +1m>

This shows up on April 1st only and if you don't do it will not show up
on your agenda on April 2, 3, etc, but will again on May 1st.

I use SCHEDULED: for tasks that need to be done and carried forward
until they are completed.  I use the other date for things that should
occur on this date but if I miss it (like take out the garbage) it's
fine to wait until the following Friday before being bugged about it
again.  Since garbage pickup is only on Fridays it doesn't make sense to
be bothered with it for all of the other days in between when there is
no pickup.

-Bernt