* Set the beginning section number
@ 2011-03-14  2:48 lbmlist
From: lbmlist @ 2011-03-14  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Greetings,

I may have not read sufficiently, but I have not yet found how to set the
beginning number when exporting to HTML and I'm desiring to start with a
number other than 1.

* This
** is the example
*** that I play
*** with

Exports to:

1 This
1.1 is the example
1.1.1 that I play
1.1.2 with

What I would like to do is set the initial number so that the exported
reads as:

33 This
33.1 is the example
33.1.1 that I play
33.1.2 with

Thanks in advance,

Louis

* Re: Set the beginning section number
@ 2011-03-14  6:53 ` Nicolas
From: Nicolas @ 2011-03-14  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lbmlist; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

lbmlist@hethcote.com writes:

> I may have not read sufficiently, but I have not yet found how to set
> the beginning number when exporting to HTML and I'm desiring to start
> with a number other than 1.
>
> * This
> ** is the example
> *** that I play
> *** with
>
> Exports to:
>
> 1 This
> 1.1 is the example
> 1.1.1 that I play
> 1.1.2 with
>
> What I would like to do is set the initial number so that the exported
> reads as:
>
> 33 This
> 33.1 is the example
> 33.1.1 that I play
> 33.1.2 with

This may not be exactly what you're looking after, but lists can do
something like this:

#+title: Say 33

33. [@33] This
    1. is the example