* org-mode -> diary -> latex calendar
@ 2011-03-29 17:10 Fred Concklin
From: Fred Concklin @ 2011-03-29 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I was wondering if I can take an org file and turn it into one of those
snazzy tex calendars like I can with a diary file?

fpc

* Re: org-mode -> diary -> latex calendar
@ 2011-03-29 18:07 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-03-29 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fred Concklin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Fred,

Fred Concklin <fredconcklin@gmail.com> writes:

> I was wondering if I can take an org file and turn it into one of those
> snazzy tex calendars like I can with a diary file?

Yes, but not directly.  You can use the `org-diary' function to include
Org's appointments into your ~/.diary then export the diary.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-mode -> diary -> latex calendar
@ 2011-03-29 20:15   ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-03-29 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Fred Concklin, emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Fred Concklin <fredconcklin@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I was wondering if I can take an org file and turn it into one of those
>> snazzy tex calendars like I can with a diary file?
>
> Yes, but not directly.  You can use the `org-diary' function to include
> Org's appointments into your ~/.diary then export the diary.

I use this method and it works very well.

Another tip: the resulting calendar looks better if you advise org-diary
to use a custom agenda prefix format:

(defadvice org-diary (around my-org-diary activate)
  (let ((org-agenda-prefix-format "%t %s "))
    ad-do-it))

Best,
Matt