* LaTeX is typeset inconsequently
@ 2011-12-24 11:42 Elias Assarsson
From: Elias Assarsson @ 2011-12-24 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

In both the full and the compact manual (Release 7.8.02) for Org-mode
"LaTeX" is typeset inconsequently. Sometimes it is typeset as

LaTeX

sometimes as

La\TeX

and sometimes as

\LaTeX

However, the latter never occur in the compact manual. I would suggest
sticking to one variant for consistency. The best choice might be to
stick to the latter one since it is the proper way to typeset LaTeX. The
second best choice would be the first. The middle one, La\TeX, is just
plain wrong.

Regards,
Elias Assarsson

* Re: LaTeX is typeset inconsequently
@ 2011-12-24 16:07 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2011-12-24 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elias Assarsson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Elias Assarsson <fte08eas@student.lu.se> writes:

> Hello,
>
> In both the full and the compact manual (Release 7.8.02) for Org-mode
> "LaTeX" is typeset inconsequently. Sometimes it is typeset as
>
> LaTeX
>
> sometimes as
>
> La\TeX
>
> and sometimes as
>
> \LaTeX
>
> However, the latter never occur in the compact manual. I would suggest
> sticking to one variant for consistency. The best choice might be to
> stick to the latter one since it is the proper way to typeset
> LaTeX. The second best choice would be the first. The middle one,
> La\TeX, is just plain wrong.
>
> Regards,
> Elias Assarsson

I agree these should be consistent, and also that \LaTeX should be
preferred.  Unless someone else disagrees, could you make a patch to
this effect?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: LaTeX is typeset inconsequently
@ 2011-12-25  8:37 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-12-25  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elias Assarsson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Elias,

Elias Assarsson <fte08eas@student.lu.se> writes:

> In both the full and the compact manual (Release 7.8.02) for Org-mode
> "LaTeX" is typeset inconsequently.

I just fixed this for the org.texi manual and will fix it for the
orgguide.texi later on.

Thanks for mentioning this!

--
 Bastien

* Re: LaTeX is typeset inconsequently
@ 2011-12-25  8:43   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-12-25  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elias Assarsson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> I just fixed this for the org.texi manual and will fix it for the
> orgguide.texi later on.

Done.

--
 Bastien