* Re: [babel] export of inline source with wrapped results
@ 2012-05-08 17:52 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2012-05-08 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Leha; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I experience a problem when exporting the results of inline source
> blocks when they are wrapped:  the export (using the "old" latex
> exporter) contains ":RESULTS:" and ":END:"
>
> Here is an example src_R[:results org wrap]{tmp <- "inline"} call.
>
> And the LaTeX export of this is
> #+begin_latex
> Here is an example :RESULTS:
> inline:END:
>  call.
> #+end_latex
>
> Is this a known bug?
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

What would you expect to see?

I don't it was ever anticipated that anyone would wrap inline results.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

* [babel] export of inline source with wrapped results
@ 2012-05-08 19:38 Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-05-08 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

@ 2012-05-08 20:24   ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2012-05-08 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Eric Schulte <eric.schulte@gmx.com> writes:

> Andreas Leha <andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I experience a problem when exporting the results of inline source
>> blocks when they are wrapped:  the export (using the "old" latex
>> exporter) contains ":RESULTS:" and ":END:"
>>
>> Here is an example src_R[:results org wrap]{tmp <- "inline"} call.
>>
>> And the LaTeX export of this is
>> #+begin_latex
>> Here is an example :RESULTS:
>> inline:END:
>>  call.
>> #+end_latex
>>
>> Is this a known bug?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andreas
>>

> What would you expect to see?
>
> I don't it was ever anticipated that anyone would wrap inline results.
>
> Best,

Hi Eric,

thanks for this fast response.

I would expect *not* to see the ":RESULTS:", ":END:" in the export.  I
consider them "org mode internal" just like "#+begin_src ... #+end_src"
and can't see a use of them being in the exported document.

Why would I wrap inline results?  Good question.  It has been quite
useful, but it seems that use has gone.
The problem I was trying to tackle with the wrapping is that of multiple
executions of an inline source block leading to multiple results.

Like I executed this twice: src_R{1} =1= =1=.

I think once wrapping was a solution to this, but maybe I am wrong here.
In any case, now it isn't:

Again executed twice: src_R[:results wrap]{1} :RESULTS:
1:END:
 :RESULTS:
1:END:

So, here is the follow-up question:  How to make inline replace their
results (as other code blocks do)?

Regards,
Andreas