Bastien writes: > Yes, close to perfect. As noted in the link I gave, you need to use > `C-x 4 a' in the section of the manual you changed in order to create > a proper ChangeLog. It's weird, `C-x 4 a' wasn't able to determine correctly the sections changed. :/ > In your case, the ChangeLog should start like this: > > * org.texi (Property syntax, Buffer-wide header arguments): > > Also, please add only one such footnote. Having twice the same > footnote is confusing for the readers -- if they remember "there > is a footnote for this..." they will not be able to remember if > it was the first or the second one. Choose the one that is the > most important -- given that the information is already available > in another section. You're right. I've replaced the footnote by a paragraph in (info "(org) Property syntax") because this footnote was already present elsewhere, and removed the footnote in (info "(org) Buffer-wide header arguments") because there is a link to (info "(org) Property syntax"). Here is (I hope) the final patch :)