At Wed, 24 Apr 2013 09:37:57 +0200, Sebastien Vauban wrote: > > Hello Nicolas, > > Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > > > > This is not a bug. This is how cross references work: any link to an > > internal target without a description will become a number referring to > > the target. It works for headlines and many other things, > > He does well have a description part, doesn't he? Thanks, Sebastien and Nicholas. I should have checked the source first, of course. There is a very helpful comment: ;; Case 1: Headline is numbered and LINK has no ;; description or LINK's description matches ;; headline's title. Display section number. Clearly the behavior is intended (“LINK’s description matches headline’s title”. However, it does not seem expected behavior to me. It differs from latex output, for instance. best, Erik