emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Repeating tasks
@ 2013-04-29 13:45 Marvin Doyley
  2013-04-29 16:51 ` Alexander Baier
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2013-04-29 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 491 bytes --]

Hi there,

Does anybody knows how to setup org to schedule repeated task between a
specified range of dates. For example, suppose I plan to work on a grant
proposal between 10 am - 1 pm every other day from May 1 to June 1, how
would I do this ?   My current practice is specify the start date with a
repeater (in this case +2d), and then delete task when the deadline has
passed. It though it would be more efficient I could assign a date range
rather than just the start date.


Cheers,
M

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 695 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Repeating tasks
  2013-04-29 13:45 Repeating tasks Marvin Doyley
@ 2013-04-29 16:51 ` Alexander Baier
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Alexander Baier @ 2013-04-29 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Marvin,

Marvin Doyley <marvinpas@gmail.com> writes:
> Hi there,
>
> Does anybody knows how to setup org to schedule repeated task between
> a specified range of dates. For example, suppose I plan to work on a
> grant proposal between 10 am - 1 pm every other day from May 1 to
> June 1, how would I do this ?   My current practice is specify the
> start date with a repeater (in this case +2d), and then delete task
> when the deadline has passed. It though it would be more efficient I
> could assign a date range rather than just the start date.
>
>
> Cheers,
> M 

If I understand your situation correctly, you might take a look at
Habits. If you mark them done, they will be rescheduled to the next date
you specified.  Roughly it should look like this:

* TODO Work on proposal
  :SCHEDULED:  <2013-05-01 Wed 22:00 .+2d>
  :PROPERTIES:
  :STYLE: habit
  :END:

But your are probably better off looking at the part of the manual
regarding habits.

Regards,
Alex

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Repeating tasks
  2013-04-29 19:56 ` Alexander Baier
@ 2013-04-29 22:20   ` Marvin Doyley
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2013-04-29 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Baier; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for
cheers
M

I will give it a try

cheers
M
On Apr 29, 2013, at 3:56 PM, Alexander Baier <lexi.baier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Marvin,
> 
> Marvin Doyley <m.doyley@rochester.edu> writes:
>> org-habit is not what I am looking for.
>> 
>> I would like to do something like
>> 
>> * TODO write proposal
>> Scheduled:<2013-04-30 Tue 13:00-15:00 >--<2013-06-02 Mon> +2d
>> 
>> The idea is to repeat this task every other day from 2013-04-30 to 2013-06-02 (from 13:30 to 15:00)
>> 
>> cheers
>> M
> 
> Ok, then I think diary sexp should do the trick.  Try the following:
> 
> ** TODO 13:00-15:00 write proposal
> <%%(and (org-block 2013 4 30 2013 6 2) (org-cyclic 2 2013 4 30))>
> 
> 
> Regards,
> Alex

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Repeating tasks
  2013-04-29 19:20 Marvin Doyley
@ 2013-04-29 19:56 ` Alexander Baier
  2013-04-29 22:20   ` Marvin Doyley
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Alexander Baier @ 2013-04-29 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marvin Doyley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Marvin,

Marvin Doyley <m.doyley@rochester.edu> writes:
> org-habit is not what I am looking for.
>
> I would like to do something like
>
> * TODO write proposal
> Scheduled:<2013-04-30 Tue 13:00-15:00 >--<2013-06-02 Mon> +2d
>
> The idea is to repeat this task every other day from 2013-04-30 to 2013-06-02 (from 13:30 to 15:00)
>
> cheers
> M

Ok, then I think diary sexp should do the trick.  Try the following:

** TODO 13:00-15:00 write proposal
<%%(and (org-block 2013 4 30 2013 6 2) (org-cyclic 2 2013 4 30))>


Regards,
Alex

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Repeating tasks
@ 2013-04-29 19:20 Marvin Doyley
  2013-04-29 19:56 ` Alexander Baier
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2013-04-29 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lexi.baier; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

org-habit is not what I am looking for.

I would like to do something like

* TODO write proposal
Scheduled:<2013-04-30 Tue 13:00-15:00 >--<2013-06-02 Mon> +2d

The idea is to repeat this task every other day from 2013-04-30 to 2013-06-02 (from 13:30 to 15:00)

cheers
M

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2013-04-29 22:20 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2013-04-29 13:45 Repeating tasks Marvin Doyley
2013-04-29 16:51 ` Alexander Baier
2013-04-29 19:20 Marvin Doyley
2013-04-29 19:56 ` Alexander Baier
2013-04-29 22:20   ` Marvin Doyley

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).