* Show Only Diary Entries in Agenda
@ 2013-11-24 15:37 Kenneth Jacker
From: Kenneth Jacker @ 2013-11-24 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'd like to toggle (hide/show) the *non*-diary entries in the agenda
view ... to basically get a quick view of my diary/calender.

'org-agenda-toggle-diary', toggles the Diary entries.  Maybe something
like 'org-agenda-toggle-nondiary'?

I tried to configure a custom agenda view, but failed ... I'm not sure
that's the way to go anyway ...

Ideas?

Prof Kenneth H Jacker       khj@cs.appstate.edu
Computer Science Dept       www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj
Appalachian State Univ
Boone, NC  28608  USA

* Re: Show Only Diary Entries in Agenda
@ 2013-12-22 23:18 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-12-22 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenneth Jacker; +Cc: khj, emacs-orgmode

Hi Kenneth,

Kenneth Jacker <khj@be.cs.appstate.edu> writes:

> I'd like to toggle (hide/show) the *non*-diary entries in the agenda
> view ... to basically get a quick view of my diary/calender.
>
> 'org-agenda-toggle-diary', toggles the Diary entries.  Maybe something
> like 'org-agenda-toggle-nondiary'?
>
> I tried to configure a custom agenda view, but failed ... I'm not sure
> that's the way to go anyway ...

Maybe you can use a custom agenda that skips all entries by using
`org-agenda-skip-regexp' and includes the Diary?  Sounds weird but
might actually work (not tested.)

--
 Bastien

* Re: Show Only Diary Entries in Agenda
@ 2014-04-01  2:36 ` Kenneth Jacker
From: Kenneth Jacker @ 2014-04-01  2:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

  khj> I'd like to toggle (hide/show) the *non*-diary entries in the
  khj> agenda view ... to basically get a quick view of my diary/calender.

Sorry about replying to my own posting, but I just realized this can be
done simply:

  *  Move to a "Diary" entry in the "Agenda" display

  *  Enter `<' (org-agenda-filter-by-category)

... and just the "Diary" entries are displayed!

Easy!

  -Kenneth