* Org-drill installation
@ 2013-12-29  5:30 Todd Neufeld
From: Todd Neufeld @ 2013-12-29  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all.

I am very new to Emacs and Org-mode,
but am really enjoying it so far.

I am having trouble installing org-drill,
or at least running it.

I have followed the directions of checking off the "drill" box in the
customize variables - org module, as directed from the worg page.
And I have made sure it was saved.

It seems, to my beginner's eyes, to be in my .emacs file.
But when I go to run spanish,org I get [No match] or at first a message
"Wrong type argument: commandp, org-id-get-with-outline-drilling."

I have been trying to install org-drill manually, but have been unsuccessful.

Any help would be much appreciated, and thanks for indulgence with a very
beginner question/ situation.

todd

* Re: Org-drill installation
@ 2014-01-03  8:54 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-03  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Todd Neufeld; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Todd,

Todd Neufeld <todd.neufeld@gmail.com> writes:

> I am very new to Emacs and Org-mode,
> but am really enjoying it so far.

Welcome!

> I am having trouble installing org-drill,
> or at least running it.
>
> I have followed the directions of checking off the "drill" box in the
> customize variables - org module, as directed from the worg page.
> And I have made sure it was saved.
>
> It seems, to my beginner's eyes, to be in my .emacs file.
> But when I go to run spanish,org I get [No match] or at first a message
> "Wrong type argument: commandp, org-id-get-with-outline-drilling."
>
> I have been trying to install org-drill manually, but have been unsuccessful.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated, and thanks for indulgence with a very
> beginner question/ situation.

Can you run M-x emacs-version RET and M-x org-version RET and report
what versions you are using for both Emacs and Org ?

 Bastien

* Re: Org-drill installation
@ 2014-01-04 17:25   ` Todd Neufeld
From: Todd Neufeld @ 2014-01-04 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

 > Can you run M-x emacs-version RET and M-x org-version RET and report
> what versions you are using for both Emacs and Org ?

Hi Bastien.

Thanks for your response.

My specific emacs version is:
GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2) of 2013-10-03
on hamsa, modified by Debian

My org:
Org-mode version 7.9.3f (release_7.9.3f-17-g7524ef @
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/)

todd

* Re: Org-drill installation
@ 2014-01-04 17:39     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-04 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Todd Neufeld; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Todd,

Todd Neufeld <todd.neufeld@gmail.com> writes:

> My org:
> Org-mode version 7.9.3f (release_7.9.3f-17-g7524ef @
> /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/)

I suggest you try using a more recent version, either
through Git

  ~$ git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git
  ~$ cd org-mode
  ~$ make

  [And adjust your load-path accordingly...]

or by installing Org through GNU ELPA.  See the manual
for detailed instructions.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Org-drill installation
@ 2014-01-07  1:44       ` Todd Neufeld
From: Todd Neufeld @ 2014-01-07  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg <at> gnu.org> writes:
> I suggest you try using a more recent version
>   [And adjust your load-path accordingly...]

Bastien,

I downloaded a more recent version from Git.
It took me some time to set up the load-path correctly...
But I got it eventually and Org-drill now works for me.

Thanks very much !

todd

* Re: Org-drill installation
@ 2014-01-07  9:01         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-07  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Todd Neufeld; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Todd Neufeld <todd.neufeld@gmail.com> writes:

> It took me some time to set up the load-path correctly...
> But I got it eventually and Org-drill now works for me.
>
> Thanks very much !

Thanks for confirming!

--
 Bastien