* how to 'add capture item' in agenda view
@ 2014-05-20  6:09 David Belohrad
From: David Belohrad @ 2014-05-20  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Dear All,

when I run org-agenda with 'a' (agenda for current week or day), my
agenda is displayed. Now if I'm on a specific day, I'd like to quickly
enter a note using org-capture such, that it will automatically enter
into the captured template a time, which corresponds to the time/date
i'm currently pointing by cursor in org-agenda.

is there any way how to accomplish this? typical use is e.g., you make a
schedule for a doctor, who gives you 5 different dates to
schedule. Currenly I run first org-agenda and look on a specific date
(if i'm available), then org-capture and I have to rewrite the chosen
time/date into my capture template again (even if i'm pointing to it in
org-agenda).

many thanks
.d.

* Re: how to 'add capture item' in agenda view
@ 2014-05-20  8:18 ` Bernhard Pröll
From: Bernhard Pröll @ 2014-05-20  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

There is an org-capture-use-agenda-date variable that seems to do what you're looking for.

bernhard

@ 2014-05-20  8:33 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2014-05-20  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

David Belohrad <david@belohrad.ch> writes:

> Dear All,
>
> when I run org-agenda with 'a' (agenda for current week or day), my
> agenda is displayed. Now if I'm on a specific day, I'd like to quickly
> enter a note using org-capture such, that it will automatically enter
> into the captured template a time, which corresponds to the time/date
> i'm currently pointing by cursor in org-agenda.
>
> is there any way how to accomplish this? typical use is e.g., you make a
> schedule for a doctor, who gives you 5 different dates to
> schedule. Currenly I run first org-agenda and look on a specific date
> (if i'm available), then org-capture and I have to rewrite the chosen
> time/date into my capture template again (even if i'm pointing to it in
> org-agenda).
>
> many thanks
> .d.

Sure is: use the "k" key in the agenda view. "k" for "kapture",
naturally. That will start the capture process using the date under
point, if possible.